This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chock full of melon-y goodness

Don't know if he actually exists or not, but had a mild incident the other night, along with a few other things....

Credit Card Training

A few months ago, we promoted a store credit card. Had a lot of smart-ass responses when we asked about it (yes, we were required to ask about it, I gave up after 1 week, the promo went for two) but most people shut up when I pointed out that no I do not get commission for it and that I didn't like it anymore than most people, but I actually did want to keep my job.

Anyway, now they've initiated a new system where customers can now pay off part or all of their credit card bill at the tills. We were all trained in it. All I can say now is

I know I'm gonna forget!

Channeling Gallager

Last customer of the night had a big fat 7kg watermelon. And I mean a whole watermelon, not a partial one. Anyway, I went to put it down on the bagging carousel area...and it fell. And cracked. Causing watermelon juice to drip all over the floor.

Fortunately she was good about it and didn't bitch, but we got her another one..a 5kg watermelon. No problems there, she had a good laugh about it, but I was so embarassed...and had watermelon juice on my shoes

Missed Shoes

I came straight from a friend's place to work early, so I could change...and realised I'd left my shoes at home. Cue me running like a madwoman through work, in my work uniform with thongs on (flip-flops) to the shoe shop in the mall where they sold my current pair of work shoes. Needless to say, that was NOT something I'll repeat again...now I'm all paranoid.

Apparaently I'm cute now...

If someone can show me how to post up a photo in the photo album I will put one up, only at request though.

Our store is basically in the "fresh food" area, which has a seafood place, a chicken/smallgoods place, a butchers, two bakeries, a fruit and veg place and a cafe. The butcher is right in front of us and has a plasma TV hanging off the wall for customers to watch. And for us to watch when things like footy, Olympics, cricket etc. are on. Annnyway, I'm serving a customer the other night and one of the guys from the butchers walks over to me, hands me a bit of paper and says "Hey, my mate who works over here thinks you're cute and wants you to call him...or send him an SMS". It had his number on it!

And to answer any questions, no I have not called him...dunno how long I should wait for either...
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I came straight from a friend's place to work early, so I could change...and realised I'd left my shoes at home. Cue me running like a madwoman through work, in my work uniform with thongs on (flip-flops) to the shoe shop in the mall where they sold my current pair of work shoes. Needless to say, that was NOT something I'll repeat again...now I'm all paranoid.
    Oh my God! I have recurring nightmares about that! Sometimes I have flip-flops, sometimes I am barefoot, and sometimes I have pink bunny slippers. It sounds silly but in the dreams it is always awful. I'm glad there was a place for you to get more shoes!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      If someone can show me how to post up a photo in the photo album I will put one up, only at request though.
      There should be a link in the album, and email the picture as an attachment. Failing that, email it to GBM. He's the one in charge of the album.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

and had watermelon juice on my shoes
        I spent the better part of give years with any combination of the following on my shoes:
        • watermelon juice and/or chunks
        • pineapple juice and/or chunks
        • honeydew juice and/or chunks
        • cantaloupe juice and/or chunks
        • various types of lettuce
        • canola oil
        • grapes
        • cherries
        • eggs
        • fake butter
        • tomato juice and/or chunks
        • bread crumbs of various sizes
        • deli roast beef juice/chunks
        • (let's save time...if it was in the deli, I'd end up wearing it)
        • strawberries
        • raspberries
        • blueberries
        • kiwi
        • starfruit
        • canned fruit cocktail
        • peaches
        • pears
        • I don't *want* to know what all was on the floor of the meat room
        • gravy
        • spaghetti sauce

and MORE.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A few months ago, we promoted a store credit card. Had a lot of smart-ass responses when we asked about it
          UGH. Because its just SOOOO difficult to say 'no thank you' and move on with your life.

Seriously.

I can understand people getting annoyed when you guys are forced to be pushy about it, but if its just a simple, one-time-asked question, there's no excuse to get all pissy about it. Just answer the question and go on. Geez.

I hate people.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Pep, it was just a simple one-time question. No, we weren't meant to be pushy about it and this time we didn't have a script attached to our registers.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Pep, it was just a simple one-time question. No, we weren't meant to be pushy about it and this time we didn't have a script attached to our registers.

People suck. How hard is it just to say 'no thanks' and pay your money and get the hell outta there?
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
              X