Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met my husband at a fast food place when we were both 16. By the time I started dating him at 18, he was a manager and I was still crew. But everyone at work thought it was funny because he and I couldn't stand each other and would fight all the time in the grill area. We're talking shouting matches. I even kicked him once. They all said we fought like an old married couple and that we'd end up together, which I certainly didn't believe. I was leaving for college to be able to get a better job and maybe a nice college boyfriend. But that never did happen, because I dated fast food boy since just after high school, and now we've been married for 4 1/2 years.

Comment

Well, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened.

Comment

My fiance and I worked at the same place. No problems, except for the occasional odd schedule, but anyhoo...

A couple of coworkers recently got married. They met at work. Awwwwwwwwww. Warm fuzzies.

Do I have a point with this? I'm not sure...
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

<shakes head> Nebraskans. It's the corn I tell you. It makes them...odd.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Oddly enough, there have been a number of one-night stands at our place coming to light, mostly after the imbibing of vast quantities of alcohol.

I'm running out of popcorn.

Rapscallion

Comment

Let me know when you want/need more. My mommy taught me how to make it on the stove.

Actually, Bella makes it better. I tend to use too much oil. I wish I didn't.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                <shakes head> Nebraskans. It's the corn I tell you. It makes them...odd.
                HEY! I wasn't born here! I hardly eat corn! But I do oddly get corn-fused on occasion.
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Blinky View Post
                  Well, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened.
                  Really? Do tell? If we are thinking the same thing...when did it happen last and with whom?
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Well, it wouldn't matter anyway...it ain't happenin!

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                      Personally I don't see it as a problem as long as you lay out some ground rules. Like you won't get lovey dovey at work, you don't let if affect your work, and what happens between the two of you is between the two of you. The company, or co-workers are not involved.
                      I agree with matt. As long as both of you are mature enough to separate work from play, there should not be a problem. It can be hard not to cross that line, though. I don't think I could do it, personally. I am too emotional. When my b/f and I fight and don't make up by the time we part our ways for the day, I have to call him and make him make-up with me otherwise I can't concentrate on work.
                      "Most lies about blondes are false."
                      - Cincinnati Times-Star, headline
                      "If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life." --Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                        HEY! I wasn't born here! I hardly eat corn! But I do oddly get corn-fused on occasion.

Hey, I WAS born there!!!!
                        "Most lies about blondes are false."
                        - Cincinnati Times-Star, headline
                        "If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life." --Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Quoth officegirl View Post
                          Hey, I WAS born there!!!!
                          Sorry, office girl, I did not mean to offend anyone by boldly proclaiming my non-birth ties to Nebraska. I am actually getting quite cozy in this state...But I will NEVER be a Huskers fan!

Comment

Working...
                          X