This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my celebrity sighting

I was working all by myself around 3am...we were busy - there was some rap concert going on at a local club, and being one of the 3 places open to get something to eat....they all come to where I was...
    Finally the crowd died down some and a couple of guys came into the store... both nicely dressed wearing huge gold chains around thier neck.

One (a HUGE guy) stood off to the side, and the other guy got in my line and ordered a sub. As I'm making it, i see the state trooper laughing at me, and a few girls over near the door waiting around.

I noticed that the guys chain was a record company logo, so I started to chat.. "oh, are you a musican..? He smiled and said he was... made some other small talk, finished up and he left - only to get stopped by the girls.

After he left the store the state trooper asked me..."How did it feel making a sub for E-40?"
    I still didn't know who that was... "is that a local rapper?" He thought that was funny! (E-40 is a pretty well known rapper)

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
      George Takei, Mira Furlan, Anneke Wills, Marina Sirtis, Mark Lenard, JG Hertzler, Robert O'Reilly, Vince Armstrong, Casey Biggs... ummm *blush* mostly Star Trek-related celebs and OMG they were ALL soooooo NICE XD I would LOVE to meet them again! AND OMG OMG OMG, for all you Trek geeks!!

GalaxyFest in Vulcan Alberta... Barbara March, Suzie Plakson and Gwynyth Walsh!! I'm TOTALLY stoked!! *squees*
      At work? Hmmm. Steve Gutenberg called once to order some Xmas presents, a very long time ago. He was very nice, nothing unusual to report.

Outside of work...well yeah, met a lot of Star Trek people. LOL. Would've liked to have met Mark Lenard and De Kelley but never had the chance. Penn and Teller.

I have a great story about Max Grodenchik (Rom)...one of my favorites from DS9.

He did some great song parodies at this dinner event at the con. My husband and I talked to him afterwards and he was really cool. I asked if it would be possible to get a CD with the songs (I had two friends who I knew would love to hear them). He said yes, but he didn't have any on him at the time. He took our hotel room number and said he'd call.

Next day he had a very full day and called pretty late. We were at the Penn and Teller show, and didn't get back till probably after 1 AM. Way too late to call him.

Next morning, I tried to call but was told no one was staying in that room. So we shrugged and packed our stuff. We then had one of the worst mornings ever, trying to get checked out of the hotel and get a car rental problem taken care of (ie the car had major issues and could not be driven). It took FOREVER. So I was at the car with my cell phone waiting for K to try and deal with the car rental guys (at the same hotel we stayed at). I'm waiting and waiting. WTF is taking so long? 45 minutes or more passes and no word. I call him and he tells me to go meet him inside.

I'm not pleased at all and have no idea what's going on. I just know I'm very hot, tired, feeling pretty sick and dehydrated, and want to get going. I go in and there's Max and his girlfriend. Apparently K ran into them and they were all talking and whatnot. Max had the CD and he volunteered to sign it for us (which I wouldn't have asked for, since they charge for signatures at these events).

I'm thinking okay, this guy looks really tired and K's been over here for awhile. We chitchat a bit and I try to politely detach us from the conversation. But it was impossible. I swear we must've talked for probably an hour after that! It was a lot of fun and made the day a million times better. At the end he wanted a picture of us, which was pretty funny. I'm actually really camera-phobic but I just couldn't turn down this guy who was so nice about people snapping pictures of him all day long a couple days before (when they weren't supposed to according to con rules). LOL.

Comment

I just remembered this one. The town I grew up in is where the Baltimore Ravens have training camp.

When I was 14 and working at the car wash a girl brought in her BF's Corvette, and he played for the Ravens.

He came in a little later too (they were having it detailed) but I didn't recognize him/

Comment

Oooooo loads.

Royal families..various. Netherlands, British and Middle Eastern.
          Bonnie Tyler
          David Bowie
          Sophia Loren
          Kate Moss
          Roger Moore
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I am very envious of all you folks who have met Star Trek cast members and such.

Sad to say I've never met anyone much of note at any of my jobs, just a few local politicians, TV personalities and retired NHL and NFL players, but no real big names.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Way back in the dark ages, my idiot boyfriend was on the entertainment committee at his university, and someone would get told off to go to the airport and pick whomever up. He got told to go get Dr Ruth Westheimer up, she was going to be a guest speaker for some event or another, and the hotel screwed up her reservation so we got to stash her in our guest bedroom <squee>

She is one fun as heck classy lady! And she liked the matzoh brei I made for breakfast the next morning =)
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Jason Alexander-really nice guy talked for about half an hour about this and that.
                And Carrie Fisheralthough only a sighting.
                If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I almost forgot. Patrick Stewart lives not too far from here.

A couple of years ago I ran into him at a local department store. Quite literally. I wasn't looking where I was going and cracked him round the back of the legs with a trolley!
                  Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

ooh now for friend's stories... i have a few of those.

One of my friends has been to a couple conventions and worked at one too.

First convention: nothing spectacular, except she recorded Jonathan Frake's monologue. He kept saying how hot it was and then would sing, "It's hot up here it's hot up here we're stuck up here forever!" (bonus points if you know what's so "star trek" about that song)

Second Convention:
                    This one my friend worked at I think. She told me that they were trying to figure out what to name the lounge and she opened "Silence of the Lambs" put her finger down on the word Crusader and voila! The Crusader's Lounge.

They had a weird music track playing there... I don't remember much except I think it included the Young Ones and some Star Trek parody songs.

Cast comments...

I think Jonathan Frakes was there again, but can't be sure.

Marina Sirtis: was there. My friend pretty much couldn't stand her.

René Auberjonois: he was a lot of fun. She said he even sang the "chef song" from the Little Mermaid.

3) Weird Al concert
                    she had no idea that for some concerts you could stay behind to meet the musician. her boyfriend at the time was like, "we're not leaving yet". So she got to meet Al. Even now she laughs about how much fun he was to meet.

Comment

I've checked out our local news anchor once. He was a nice guy.

But as for actual famous people, Donatella Versace and her two giant bodyguards came to our store and ended up in my checklane. She was actually quite rude. I didn't realize who it was until after she left, when my coworkers all freaked out about it. Let me tell you that she needs to lay off the plastic surgery. She looks like crap in person.

Comment

The only famous people we have had are Vancouver Canucks Hockey players.

Britney Spears "people" came in the other day to buy batteries. But that is nothing special.

Oh 3 Days Grace came in and bought game systems. That was kinda cool but I wasn't there that day.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                          I'm best friends with his son, actually. They're a great family, fantastic bunch of people.

Yes they are. Ken's On-air WWF Sister Ryan, could not keep her eyes off me. We made small talk, left without getting her number. Well I got it, but I left the paper behind
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I've had Claudia Schiffer, Geraldo Rivera, Lynn Whitfield....Those are the ones I can remember off hand.

And I just found out that Madonna's moving right around the corner from my store.
                            If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

We had a quasi celeb come through Drive Thru. He is an anchorman in the area I live in. I heard he was nice. He also coaches one of the big schools around here.

Not at work, but we had Gwar come to our school. Our music teacher covered for alot of their shows, so he kept in contact. I got their autographs and I got pics with them. They were really nice.
                              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

When I lived in NH:
                                I used to wait on Bradly Delp (the classic rock band, Boston) all the time at the deli and seafood counters - don't believe the stories of him being a vegetarian.

When I lived in NJ our store had their grand opening and Jason Sehorn (sp?) signed autographs - cool guy but his manager was a prick.
                                Golen Cipel (google him) was one of the least pleasant people I've ever dealt with

A few months after I moved to Florida one of the techs I worked with emailed me to let me know that Jason Mewes (Jay from Jay and Silent Bob) stole a phone from them.

In Florida for grand openings:
                                AJ Burnett and Carl Pavano (pitchers for the Marlins) were OK.
                                Dantrell Willis (D-Train - pitcher for the marlins) was cool, he hit on one of the sales girls.

Regular work:

Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) was really cool - he'd call ahead and wait in his car until the store was empty so he didn't get attacked by fans.
                                BIG-E's parents came in - trying to rid on their son's fame - @$$es.
                                Some rapper, I forgot his name, pulled the "Don't you know who I am" on me and of course, I said no. I only learned he was a big name rapper after he left.
                                Al Leiter (sp?) - another baseball pitcher - cool guy
                                Robert Van Winkle (Vanilla Ice) was an extremely cool guy. Very down to earth - not what I expected.

My sister in law used to deliver pizza for a pizza place in Eatontown, NJ.
                                She once delivered pizza to Jon Bon Jovi's house and Cristy Brinkley answered the door.

Our dog, Mango, goosed Geraldo at an ASPCA sponsored dog walk event in NJ

I (quite literally) bumped into Billy Joel at the Navesink post office (Navesink, NJ) - I didn't realize who he was until after the fact.

Bruce Springsteen called my wife's father once to check up on his cousin (who had surgery earlier in the day - the cousin was good friends with my wife's family and my father in law did the surgery). Being an immigrant and not up on American pop culture, he had no idea who he was leading to his (in)famous quote:
                                "He acted like I should know him?"
                                (My mother in law): "Who was it?"
                                "Some guy, Bruce Springsteen?"
                                Last edited by draggar; 04-15-2009, 09:50 PM.
                                Quote Dalesys:
                                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                                X