Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Science reserved many spots; event held in aother bldg; no transportation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Science reserved many spots; event held in aother bldg; no transportation

Even though it is spring, it is cool where I live & work.

The Natural Science dept. reserved many spots for a 2 day event beginning yesterday, but the guests (between the ages 50 & 80), had to walk to the bldg. where the event was being held after parking in Visitor Parking & then walk back to Visitor Parking. It is about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the bldg. depending on how fast you walk.

I guess with the economy, the university did not want to get a shuttle bus.

Only one guest here for the event asked if there was a shuttle bus. I told him there should be one, but unfortunately, there is not one.

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
    Only one guest here for the event asked if there was a shuttle bus. I told him there should be one, but unfortunately, there is not one.
    Wait, a 5-10 minute walk, and you think there should be a shuttle? It's cool, it's not the Arctic, lady I don't think anyone will freeze on the way over. If anything, it's incentive to walk faster!
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Wait, a 5-10 minute walk, and you think there should be a shuttle? It's cool, it's not the Arctic, lady I don't think anyone will freeze on the way over. If anything, it's incentive to walk faster!
      note the age range - 50 to 80. Mobility issues, health issues, elderly can also be a hell of a lot more cold sensitive.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Ah... I was going to say it's just 5 - 10 minutes but yeah... not all people in that age group can handle the elements as well as I can. well jack lalane can (hell he can even out-do me) but... they're not all him

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          note the age range - 50 to 80.
          Whoops! I did totally miss that. Okay, from personal experience with my grandparents, what would normally be a 5 minute walk can be 10 or more. So yeah, maybe there should have been a shuttle. The only thing then is, if there's only one, and it's doing runs every 5-10 minutes, then people are still standing out in the cold at the pick-up point. Hrm.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
          X