This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This trash ain't going out!

Tonight, I wanted to kill the security guy. I go into the security room to check the trash,when out of the corner of my eye, Paul Blart is sitting manning the cameras. He tells me that if I go in there again, he will take me out in handcuffs. The worst part is, is that he called my boss who's down at a supervalu conference in Miami. I imagine I'll be getting written up or fired. He's also lied about it, saying I was in there eight times.
    Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

How did you get in the office anyway? At my store, the LP office is locked and only LP and the store manager have keys.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      How did you get in the office anyway? At my store, the LP office is locked and only LP and the store manager have keys.
      We use a keypad.
      Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bagboy View Post
        We use a keypad.
        mechanical or electronic?
        This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
        my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
          mechanical or electronic?
          It's electronic.

Comment

If you were specifically given the keycode so you could handle trash and cleaning in there, I don't see the problem with you going in there. Also, you might consider writing up your version of events now if your boss does try to write you up for doing your job - and specifically that you only went inside once.

A good (and amusing question) - is there a camera that covers the entrance to the security room? If so, have your boss scan the video for the day - he should be able to count you going in... just once.

Comment

Hanzoku has the right idea. Might be a good idea to write the letter and details up now while everything is still fresh in your mind. And don't rise to the bait of this asshat. Try to stay out of his way, otherwise you're giving him further ammunition.

You might consider submitting documentation to his higher-ups stating that there appears to be some question as to when you should be allowed to change trash and perform your required duties in this location. Mention that due to upsetting Mr. "X" during the course of your duties, you will not be entering the office without direct invitation. When someone is ready to have the trash changed, they can sumbit a request and you'll try to find a moment to come once you're available. Perhaps mention that you work on a schedule and that although it's impossible to interrupt all other jobs immediately, you will make every effort to come and change the trash at your earliest convenience. But only with invitation. Copy your boss. At least that way you're not saying you won't change the trash (ie: that you won't do your job). Don't let them force you to choose between doing your job and getting fired, our not doing your job (due to intimidation tactics) and getting fired. Be calm about it, don't stoop to this asshat's level.

And it would be just lovely if they can track the number of times you really entered by either camera or the keyed entry. Love to see this idiot explain his lie to your boss.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
              X