This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Fucksville. Population: Me

So as part of this new thing we're doing at work, some of us morning people are working 11:30 to 8 on truck days so we can get a head start on unloading the truck and filling. Today was one of those days, so I was looking forward to getting the truck unloaded and a few departments filled so we'd have an easy day tomorrow.

Did that happen? Fuck no! Murphy would hear none of it. It turned out that the truck driver, when inspecting our trailer before leaving the DC, found some serious chassis problem that made him not want to even try driving to our store. So all the freight had to be unloaded from that trailer, put on a different trailer, and then driven to our store.

The truck was supposed to arrive at 2:00 or thereabouts. It didn't roll in until 7:45. We got all of 15 minutes of unloading in.

So tomorrow we will have to unload the truck and then try to fill as much as we can, which will be hard because we won't be able to bring our pallets to the floor.

And to top it all off, the district manager is stopping by for a visit tomorrow.

So to whichever deity/deities seem to have it in for me: If you hate me this much, why don't you just kill me?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Cause that would make us very sad and even a diety can be taken down by enough of us minions.

Comment

And also, if this diety hates you so much, s/he finds so much more enjoyment from your suffering. =\

Otherwise, good luck with tomorrow - hopefully the DM will get the full story of the trailer issues before jumping all over people for stock being handled tomorrow.

Comment

Reminds me of an incident a few years ago we had. Truck was delayed for a day for some weird reason, but the delivery routes and times were to be the same (they route can change from truck to truck, but when we call to get the time, it tells what the entire route is). The truck was horribly behind for some stupid reason, and stores were playing phone tag with one another so we knew where the truck was at all times. Usually, if the truck is late, it's only the store it's currently leaving to call the next and say it's on it's way.

By the time it got to ours, it was well over 7 hours late. But oh no, not just that. First the guy was to park in the middle of the area and not in front of the "dock" like he's supposed to (thus completely blocking off the rx driveway exit), unload all the empty pallets off his truck (which should not have been in the way in the first place), and using his headset to talk to his buddy or whatever. And he's taking his slow-ass time doing it too. No WONDER he took so damn long at every store!

It's a VERY good thing no stores on the route were affected enough to screw up the whole route; some cities that are on our routes have a noise ordinance in place, so a truck has to be out of there by a certain time (I think it's 10 pm). If one such store has to refuse a delivery, it can fk up everyone else, because if those pallets blocking other store's stuff are too unsafe/unstable to move repeatedly (which happens cause the warehouse sucks at packing pallets), then NO ONE can get their delivery!

And as if getting the order ALREADY a day late didn't fk things up, cause we order on the days right after truck, so having to order without the previous truck out was a sucky thing too. They might have moved the order too, not sure, its been too long.

Comment

Working...
        X