Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the second day of inventory, the swamp it gave to me....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the second day of inventory, the swamp it gave to me....

Three pricing mishaps
    and a cookware set backstocked in H and B...

After we finished counting what we were going to count today, we all got sent to the floor to detail straighten. I was assigned automotive and hardware.

On the shelf were three metal chains, packaged in plastic boxes. I scanned the label for them, which said $17.99 was the price. The scanner said they were actually $1.79 each.

And thus were discovered the fuck-ups 3:

Fuck-up the first: Upon closer inspection, the date on the shelf label was 3/28/08. Over a year ago. That section of hardware has had its planograms reset at least once since then. Whoever did those revisions just re-used the old labels instead of printing up new ones, as they are supposed to.

Fuck-up the second: The scanner said we had 0 of these chains on hand. But here I am, looking at three of them, right on the shelf. What must've happened was somebody scanned outs in hardware and the chains were missing somehow. But instead of this person looking for them on the floor and in the backroom when the scanner said we had three of them, they just reset its count to zero. This happens A LOT. People don't take the time to look for out-of-stock items when they show quantities in on-hands, so they just zero them out and put up out-of-stock tags, and the items aren't found until somebody stumbles upon them.

Fuck-up the third: (Related to fuck-up the second) Because the chains showed an on-hand count of zero and zero on order, they didn't come up on any price changes, and there were several between the chains first going on clearance and today. Stuff doesn't just get marked down 90% off the bat.

As a result of this, those chains will probably show up in reconciliation on Thursday, which I am unlucky enough to have to do.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Irv, you're giving me Christmas songs in May! It's meant to be July!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Irv, my guess is those were safety chains for trailers (from your description). Am I right?

Also, Christmas songs are for October, because programmers can't tell the difference between Haloween and Christmas (different number bases, with base 2 frequently being abbreviated as BIN(ary), base 8 as OCT(al), base 16 as HEX(adecimal), and good old base 10 as DEC(imal)) - and 31 OCT (3x8 + 1) is equal to 25 DEC (2x10 + 5).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Irv, my guess is those were safety chains for trailers (from your description). Am I right?
        I don't think so. They didn't look very strong.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
        X