This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Or you walk into a room and suddenly can't remember why you were in there?
    I do this almost daily. . . . I'll go into the hbc room, for example, and forget what I went in there for.

It'll usually come to me in a few seconds, and in the meantime get a snicker or two if a coworker walks by and asks what I'm doing.

I simply tell them my mom is rubbing off on me and I'm practicing Alzheimer's

Another sign that you're getting older (in addition to the momentary loss of memory

You sit down in the floor to straighten out the bottom shelf and then have a hard time getting back up. You're grabbing to an upper shelf for support so you can pull yourself up and you can feel your hips and knees creaking.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Oh, man, I had completely forgotten about those things!

Hey, Perfect Strangers wasn't that bad. I have no argument about ALF, tho, which I refused to even consider watching more than once.
      Remember "Bosom Buddies" or "WKRP in Cincinnati"? Or "Barney Miller" and "Welcome Back Kotter" (I'm really surprised that hasn't been made into a movie.*)? And I remember one that was hilarious but lasted one season, "Hot L Baltimore". Conchata Farrell was in that and now she's on "2 1/2 Men"!

It's not that the children of the '80s are parents now, so much as the children of the '80s are cropping up as producers and managers of the places producing the stuff.
      Exactly.

*Whoops. Spoke too soon. Looks like there's one in the works for a 2012 release....with Ice Cube as Mr. Kotter?????
      Last edited by Pagan; 07-12-2009, 11:53 PM.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        ...with Ice Cube as Mr. Kotter?????
        "HEY MISTER KOT-ER-ER!"
        *BLAM* "What."

>_<

Might not end well...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Soupy Sales

Supposedly unaired for saying (after yet another cream pie)

"My wife doesn't make good pies, but she sure makes my banana cream."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

ahhh Soupy Sales. I believe he used to be on ......... naaa that was Pat Paulsonon the Smothers Brothers and he said "and I am running for President."

anyone remember the ORIGINAL Love American Style esp the one I remember where there is the "pilot" of Happy Days

Info here

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...from_love.html

Intro to the episode
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNHuI0Pw0m8
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh lord, ALF - lmao - yes I do believe he was from Melmac, but where was Mork from? You also know you are getting up there when your favorite shows as a kid were Sonny & Cher, Wonder Woman & the Twilight Zone.

Pagan - I graduated in 1987 too & I did catch about 5 minutes of Land of the Lost a few weeks back & yes it is a shame how cheesy it really was.
              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
              RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Mork was from Ork, wasn't he?

How about all the gameshows from the 70's and 80's.

my personal favorite was 20,000 pyramid and the 70's version of hollywood squares.

the first was whenever they had Nipsi Russell (sp?) as one of the celebrity contestants. That man was a poet.

-offtopic
                If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress? - Nipsi Russell

The second was when the late comedian Paul Lynde would be on. $Diety how he was ever able to get some of the things he said passed the censors I'll never know.

p.s. the 80's? I'll give you a hint ---- 'No Whammy, No Whammy......'
                I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

What makes me feel older, with regards to working in a games store, is when I mention some classic NES game to one of our younger employees and get a blank stare because the kid is only 19 and NEVER HAD an NES!

Someone who is 19 would have been born in 1989/1990 and their first system was more than likely an SNES or a Playstation.

Also many of my references to early 90s shows (Family Matters, Fresh Prince, Saved by the Bell) are lost on the youngins...
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

For those that love those old shows from ages ago, I found a site many moons gone when I was looking up a favourite of mine - Ghosts of Motely Hall (1975-1978).

This website doesn't leave out too many - http://tv.cream.org/
                    No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Soupy Sales

There was a 'Wings' episode with Soupy. I don't remember the rest of the show, but he and Lowell (Thomas Haden Church) play a round of Simon Says that is one of the funniest and most creative sight gags I've ever seen on modern television. Easily rivals Lucille Ball and Harpo Marx's mirror skit. Wish I could find it on the interwebs somewhere.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Remember "Bosom Buddies" or "WKRP in Cincinnati"? Or "Barney Miller" and "Welcome Back Kotter"?
                        I watched all of those.

Actually, I'm of the opinion that Hanks really hasn't done much of note since "Bosom Buddies."
                        Quoth marlovino View Post
                        How about all the gameshows from the 70's and 80's.

my personal favorite was 20,000 pyramid and the 70's version of hollywood squares.
                        I was a huge fan of Password, myself. And What's My Line.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

p.s. the 80's? I'll give you a hint ---- 'No Whammy, No Whammy......'
                          Uh, "Press Your Luck"

I remember when Get Smart was on, along with Diff'rent Strokes, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Perfect Strangers, Small Wonder (anyone remember how bad that one was?), Mork & Mindy, All in the Family, Perry Mason, Dukes of Hazzard...and when cartoons were actually good. Now, most cartoons just suck. Whatever happened to hours of Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings?

I know some of those shows were a bit old, but my parents didn't spring for cable until the mid-1980s. There were only about a dozen or 20 channels locally then.

Oh, and the original "Tainted Love?" That tune shows up in GTA: San Andreas
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I miss that the contestants don't go shopping on "Wheel of Fortune" anymore.

Actually, I'm of the opinion that Hanks really hasn't done much of note since "Bosom Buddies."
                            He was good as Jim Lovell, but he doesn't look anything like Robert Langdon.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Mork was from Ork, wasn't he?
                              Yes, he was... but does anyone remember his appearance on "Happy Days"?

I've got a computer-based YKYGOW... does anyone else remember having to park a hard drive? Or the original Macintosh computers that came in a single case? I've even seen the old Macs with the signatures of the developers etched on the inside cover.

And then there's video games. Someone brought down an old Atari to our gaming club that got endless play by young 'uns that have never seen one like it before...
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                                I miss that the contestants don't go shopping on "Wheel of Fortune" anymore.
                                Me too - I always loved that for some inexplicable reason...I never could figure out how Sajak always knew precisely how much $$ they had "left to spend" -- After I grew up, I figured that it's either (a) his mind for number sis just THAT good, (b), they keep it posted on a telepropmter manned by a mathy person, or (c) edits.

Mork on Happy Days...yes o_O

Parking a drive...Yes, that too. I once had a real....ACTUAL...8-inch floppy disk in my room that I absconded with from the "storage lockerre of really olde shitte" at a former place of employment.

Andara - seconded. With the possible exceptions of Saving Private Ryan and Forrest Gump, All he seems to do in most films is play Tom Hanks. Kinda like Cruise. I can't stand that >_<
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X