This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
    And then, right as I was finishing up... Rick Astley came on! I got "Rick Rolled" in the pizza place!
    Nah, Rick rolling is when they interupt something else with a Rick Astley song. That was normal listening by someone remembering the old days. I certainly am not rickrolling myself everytime his music comes up on my rotation!
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

• Quoth Geek King View Post
      Nah, Rick rolling is when they interupt something else with a Rick Astley song. That was normal listening by someone remembering the old days. I certainly am not rickrolling myself everytime his music comes up on my rotation!
      But that's just the thing... it was all "hair band metal" in a continuous block, and THEN Rick Astley came on! So, yeah, definitely got "Rick Rolled"!
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        I miss Turkey Day all day Thanksgiving day on Comedy Central when they had it
        Got 'em all on VHS. I'm totally scared that some glitch will come up when I go to transfer them to DVD. But they were still good as recently as a month ago. <fingers crossed>

Comment

• Quoth sms001 View Post
          Got 'em all on VHS. I'm totally scared that some glitch will come up when I go to transfer them to DVD. But they were still good as recently as a month ago. <fingers crossed>
          same here with all of the Dr. Who shows I recorded ohhhhhhh rounds about 20 years ago when the local PBS station played them every Sun night at 10 or 10:30pm.

most of the tapes are OK but some for some reason are crap (and these were NOT el cheapo tapes either)
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Can't believe that no one has mentioned the Atari 2600 home console that came with Combat. I think there was a Sears version that came with a different game as well.
            I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

• Atari 2600 with PITFALL!

Comment

• I would just like to say a big thank you to all you old geezers for making me feel so young now
                y'all seriously make up for my coworkers who ask questions like "nintendo what?" (they honestly didn't know there was once a console known simply as Nintendo)
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  I would just like to say a big thank you to all you old geezers for making me feel so young now
                  y'all seriously make up for my coworkers who ask questions like "nintendo what?" (they honestly didn't know there was once a console known simply as Nintendo)
                  That's because there was NOT. It was the Nintendo Entertainment System... NES for short!

And yes, I still have mine, and it still worked the last time I wanted to play it. I also have the Holy Grail of NES Games... the original Tengen version of TETЯIS, with its superior 2-PLAYER gameplay!
                  "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                  --StanFlouride

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    I would just like to say a big thank you to all you old geezers for making me feel so young now

WHO ya calling an "old" geezer???????
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

That's because there was NOT. It was the Nintendo Entertainment System... NES for short!

And yes, I still have mine, and it still worked the last time I wanted to play it. I also have the Holy Grail of NES Games... the original Tengen version of TETЯIS, with its superior 2-PLAYER gameplay!
                      Nice. I have a copy of the old Micro Machines game for the NES, and I don't even have an NES. I just saw it in a store for cheap and had to pick it up.

Now to find a working machine...
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

thus proving my point

I am so going to get beaten if I keep this up, aren't I
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• IIRC, NES games should run fine in a SNES, which might be easier to find. But even the NES was before my time - or maybe my parents just never noticed game consoles. They had enough trouble keeping me away from the 8-bit computer...

Comment

• Quoth donruss View Post
                            Can't believe that no one has mentioned the Atari 2600 home console that came with Combat. I think there was a Sears version that came with a different game as well.
                            The would be the Sears Tele-Games. It had Combat, as well, but it was labeled as "Tank Plus". Literally the exact same game in different cartridge packaging. Remember, this was in the days before title screens were the norm for home games.

It was considerably sturdier than the 2600, tho. Between me and my brother, we managed to burn out or otherwise destroy three 2600's and the TG in our day. The TG lasted the longest, by far.

Jack -- If you wanna get technical, you could always go by the original name of the NES: The Family Computer (FamiCon); it was succceeded by their Super Family Computer/Super FamiCon, aka the SNES.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                              The would be the Sears Tele-Games. It had Combat, as well, but it was labeled as "Tank Plus". Literally the exact same game in different cartridge packaging. Remember, this was in the days before title screens were the norm for home games.
                              The Intellivision, perhaps? I have one in a closet somewhere. I spent many hours playing B-17 Bomber with the intellivoice add-on. "Fighters 6 o'clock!"
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

• Quoth Geek King View Post
                                The Intellivision, perhaps? I have one in a closet somewhere. I spent many hours playing B-17 Bomber with the intellivoice add-on. "Fighters 6 o'clock!"
                                Nope ^_^ The Intellevision (and the Odyssey, and the ColecoVision) were completely distinct consoles. The Sears Telegames was literally an Atari 2600 in a different case.

http://www.atariage.com/2600/systems...deoArcadeC.jpg
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X