This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More tortured corporate logic

Here's the situation: it is the Christmas shopping season and you are running lots and lots of special sales, and you want to keep the shelves full so that the customers will keep buying.

You can achieve this one of two ways:
    1. You can allocate additional payroll so that each store can schedule a person to come in, request, pull and fill all the departments.
    2. You can have IT create a new feature in the pull system that automatically requests sale items every hour, and roll out this change with a memo featuring lots of bold face type, capital letters and exclamation points stating that it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL!!!! to pull these items every hour and get them to the shelves WITHOUT allocating additional payroll to actually do this. And BTW, if you do not do these pulls and they roll over to the end-of-day pulls, then corporate will know about it and fire off a nastygram to your store.

Guess which one my store chose?

Yeah, I spent my whole day running my ass off, doing carryouts, getting carts, helping customers and doing these stupid pulls, and half the items went back to backstock because somebody else already pulled them WITHOUT using the request feature in the pull system so I didn't know they had been pulled.

I mean, we have hardly anybody to help customers anymore, and corporate keeps dumping more on our plates. If Wal-Mart ever gets their act together on customer service, we are so screwed.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 11-29-2006, 01:27 AM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    If Wal-Mart ever gets their act together on customer service, we are so screwed.
    Wal-mart getting their act together? You're safe.
    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Remember, if it makes sense it's not allowed.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I really should add that as a siggy.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What happened to the old "you gotta spend money to make money" way of thinking?

Comment

Working...
          X