This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Tasteful Christmas decorations!

Yep, for the first time since I joined up with *supermarket*, the decorations up for the festive season are tasteful red and gold ones, not disgusting cheapo tinselly ones like all the years before. And hung high so I and every other tall person has no risk of getting a faceful of tinsel.

What are the decs like round your workplace? Are you allowed any choice in them?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Our entire stock of decorations consists of window stickers advertising gift cards and announcing our holiday hours, plus matching inserts in the card holders.

Big .
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

we actually decorated 7 trees for christmas all in different colour schemes

a dusty pink tree
      white and clear glass tree
      heirloom jewel toned tree
      folk art tree
      two generic trees
      copper tree

all have pretty expensive decorations on them, mostly made by local artists (we try and keep 90% of our stuff locally made)

they have been flying out the door!

we also have artist/christmas stuff everywhere its nice, the store looks pretty
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Aww! Obviusly all the stores have the same decorations Lace. I love the ones that are up at the moment and have had quite a few customers comment on them too.

Comment

Eh, we haven't any. We have a string of lights along the crown molding of one wall, but that's always been there.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I do the decorating around here, so it's subtle, but nice. It's a cell phone store, so I don't wanna scare anyone off. We have a lady who comes in about twice a month to help the boss with taxes and stuff. One day after I decorated, she stopped by and commented on how nice she thought the store looked. Then she told me of the Christmas when the lady before me still worked here. She had garland EVERYWHERE, with Christmas lights, ornaments hanging from the ceiling, she even made the fake tree all tacky with it. Said it looked like Santa threw up in the store. There was no theme, nothing matched. I kept everything to gold and silver, to match the carriers we sell for.

So yeah, I guess I did good!
            I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

We get compliments every year about our Christmas tree in the lobby. It's fake, unfortunately, but it's covered with pearlescent ornaments, along with brass ornaments, and velveteen bows, with a huge gold bow at the top trailing down the sides of the trees in long ribbongs. There's also an angel at the top and two large stars, yet my boss manages to make it look really, really good. People like having their picture taken in front of it, I've noticed.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth cheese View Post
                Aww! Obviusly all the stores have the same decorations Lace. I love the ones that are up at the moment and have had quite a few customers comment on them too.
                Apparently most of the customers agree with me over last year's tackfest.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X