This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang Dogs...

At Awesome Forest, we are getting ready for the dogsledding season, so I have been spending a lot more time in the dog kennels. Two days ago, I was working on the boys' side of the kennel, filling up water buckets. This involves using a hose connected to a well. The well is located in the centre of the kennel, between the boys' and girls' sides with a door on each side.
    What I didn't know was that somehow the hose had caught on the door and pulled it open, allowing George, one of our young boys, to sneak over to the girls side. We were not able to catch him before he was able to enjoy an 'intimate moment' with one of our girls who was in heat. So now, not only is Peaches expecting puppies unexpectedly, she's out for the whole sled season to raise the pups, and she's due on December 2.
    Our kennel is unheated which is why we always plan to have pups in the spring/summer, and by winter they are old enough to live with the rest of the dogs. So we are going to have to set up special accomodations for Peaches.
    On the plus side, this will be a good mix. Peaches and George are not related and they both run well. Just really poor timing.
    This year, all the pups born will have names starting with 'K' so I propose to name her pups "Kalamity" and " Katastrophe".

Can you name one of them Karma?
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

George just wanted to get his freak on... Can't fault a guy for that!

Comment

and "peaches" wanted a warmer spot to sleep for the winter......
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
        X