This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Customer related jobs right now

These customers are ruining my life and I hate people right now. I was wondering are there jobs that have nothing to do with customers? I don't like the public and I want to have a job where I don't need to hear people's constant whining and me having to have my job threatened despite all my efforts to help customers.

Suggestions?

Most management positions have little to do with customer interaction - if done improperly.

Stock room work is one thing that springs to mind. Secretarial work. What are your talents and skill levels?

Rapscallion

Comment

Hitman?

The "customers" may whine but you get to shoot them.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Most management positions have little to do with customer interaction - if done improperly.

Stock room work is one thing that springs to mind. Secretarial work. What are your talents and skill levels?

Rapscallion
        I work at a call center so I definitely have secreterial skills, other than that, not much.

Comment

most overnight work has little customer interaction. Custodial work, as well. Unfortunately, jobs that don't require much customer interaction are either labour-intensive (stocking, as Raps mentioned), distasteful (custodial work), or require special training/skills. So, you'll have to ask yourself what you're willing to trade off to get away from customers.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I think it depends on your area. I worked as a cab driver, and while i had customers, i was an independent customer, and had lots of rights, right up to pulling over and kicking them out of the cab if they pissed me off. Oh, and they had to pay before leaving, or i could have them arrested. Or courier work, some interaction, but not much since you'd come in, pick up a package, then go drop it off. Most of your ours are alone with yourself in the car. There's also newspaper delivery, most of the papers i worked for were outside routes, no customers what so ever.

Yeah, i've had a lot of jobs, give me time, and i can prolly come up with more. Heck, my current job is inventory clerk, i work with one major retailer, i go in, i count, i go home, that's it. Sure, there's customers all around me, but they're not my problem. Heck, contract pretty much lets me politely tell any annoying store employees to kiss off... politely though. While its a lot of work, i do enjoy my job.
            Seph
            Taur10
            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

alotta office work is pretty much 'dont deal with the public' just other workers.
              Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

I know that at my work, the day grocery and perishable staff, as well as the afternoon and closing staff aren't in that predicament. I'm almost tempted to start asking if I can work in perishables as the boss is fairly nice and the guys aren't too bad.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I work in a laboratory-I don't deal with our "clients" just the 34 others that work there, I'd also suggest hospital work maybe(in-house pharmacy*, housekeeping, etc)

*I was hired to be an overnight pharmacy tech at a local hospital(damn latex allergy prevented me from starting-apparently "latex-free hospital" means except for the pharmacy where all the techs war latex gloves )-my job would've been stocking the nurses med carts and mixing up chemo meds-just pulling and sorting. Another job that didn't require customer contact that I enjoyed was working the returns department for a mail order company.
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

If you can find one, a job in a mail room doesn't involve much in the way of customer interaction. I work in the mail room at a mail forwarding company, and I only have to deal with 3 or 4 customers a day, and even then only marginally. Talk to them on the telephone for a few minutes or see them for even less time if they come to pick up their mail in person. The ones that want to yell and scream and complain I don't deal with at all. It's pretty nice.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

You could try being an accounting clerk. At entry level the requirements are pretty basic and mostly is just data entry.

Night Auditor for a hotel also has it's perks: Most of the 'customers' I deal with during a night shift are drunk/stoned/crazy, and not only don't I have to pretend to be polite, I can be outright rude, hostile and aggressive in getting them off the property.

Best part of my job is when I get to have some jackass hauled off in handcuffs. Puts my workplace morale right through the roof all week.
                      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X