Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has taken me a while, but I finally got over the "guilt" that I would feel when customers wanted me to help them when I was off the clock (just getting in, lunch, or leaving) and especially for *gasp* wanting to go home when I'm SUPPOSED to go home.

They go home when it is time for them to go home, why is it any different for us? And if they keep me late and apologize, it's all good. But keeping me late and not buying anything and acting entitled about it?

Comment

Where I work we aren't supposed to help anyone when we're off the clock either. Doesn't stop people from staking out the damned break room, waiting for people to pop out. "Can't you just answer a simple question". No. Try customer service. "Where's that?". In the front, under the sign that says...well, ya'll know.

I have taken to taking my breaks in my car. They can page me, but I can't hear it, and I need to get away from the morons who come to the register.

As for the OP, while I admit, it's relatively minor...still, I admire your restraint.
      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

When I worked for Publix, we always had this type of problem. My solution was to not go to lunch by exiting the door near the office. I would go to the back of the store, put my apron in a hiding place, then walk out one of the back doors, through the store, and exit, complete with no name tag or anything. I still wore my shirt and tie, but I looked like a normal customer walking through the store.

Nowadays, it's not that simple. Now, most employees at Publix wear clothing with the company name emblazoned somewhere on them. Bring back the good ole' days.

Comment

You could walk out with a bloody pitchfork ....

That may stop the silly questions...
          "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

i snub people even when im not on break.

Comment

Radioshack's Slogan- You've got questions? We've got answers.

What it should be- We've got answers, you just won't like them because you're an entitlement whore.

Comment

I don't take my 15 minute breaks, mostly because we don't have time ever. Occasionally we get a slow time, so I take it to sit and schedule out a few weeks or do some CE or something like that.

I always take my lunch in my car though. The breakroom is disgusting, and I prefer to sit and listen to the radio for awhile.

Comment

When I go on break I either IMMEDIATELY beeline for the breakroom, or on the days I can afford Subway, I eat AT THE Subway place and return to the store when I'm done.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post

I always take my lunch in my car though. The breakroom is disgusting, and I prefer to sit and listen to the radio for awhile.
                    I usually do that as well. Our break room is also disgusting, plus I have the same lunch break as the nasty employee who tattles on everyone when she overhears a conversation she thinks is about her. It's much safer sitting in my car, reading a book, listening to the radio, or just taking a quick snooze.

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                      However, about once a week I get one that just....I can't think of an adjective that has more than four letters to describe it.
                      I can think of a few adjectives that have more than four letters, but I'd probably get in trouble for saying them.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Hah. i know a few in spanish...

Comment

Quoth tonydanza View Post
                          Legally if you're off the clock, you have no obligation to help anybody. It's your time that you are free to do with whatever you like. Your work cannot get you in trouble for not helping somebody if you are on a break.
                          Never, ever, ever work for McDonald's, then. Part of their policy? If you're in the store, you can help customers.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

That sucks...I would be SO firedlol: cuz when I am on lunch or break if it is not a life or death situation.... then leave me the f*ck alone!!
                            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
                            X