This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about applying for a job...

Ok, I'm filling out an application right now for manager of a small bookstore.

There is the standard section about my work history. I've been at my current job for over 2 years. I've listed that.

I was at my first job from August of 1997 until the store shut down in December of 2003.

In between, I had a job for one month in June-July of 2004, and one for 2 months from August-October 2004 until I got hired where I am now.

The question is: Should I list the job I was at for a month? I hated it, I was bad at it, they hated me, and I quit.

Probably not, unless you can say it was a temporary job and gives you some kind of credibility.

It helps if the business is not longer in business. If they are, then no. Not if they hated you and you weren' t much good at it.

Comment

I second RK. Don't worry about it, especially if it was just for one month and doesn't have any bearing on the potential job as far as experience etc.

Comment

No. A one-month job isn't worth thier time to verify, or your time to explain.

Comment

Yeah I'd leave it out too
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I read somewhere that if a job lasts 2 months or less it is not worth writing about. I had a similar situation as you. I have never listed that job on a resume and none of my recent employers has asked about it.
            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Working...
            X