This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearance shopping time again!

So last night I found some bookcases in the backroom that were clearance.

They were originally 30 dollar bookcases, but were now 3 dollars each. So as part of my one-man crusade to get rid of clearance crap in the backroom, I tagged them and put them out on the floor, and ended up buying one.

This is a regular occurance at my store. If a furniture item goes on clearance, somebody will often sell the display before all the boxed items are sold, so then the boxed items sit in the backroom and nobody knows we have them.

This isn't the worst we've done on clearance though. We once had some golf bags that were originally $160 or so. Then they went on clearance and kept getting marked down without ever coming to the floor.

By the time we finally got the bags to the floor, they were priced at five bucks each. That's like a 96% discount. And we had about 6 of them.

The store manager when he found out about this.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

When I was buying my condo, I worked at Office Depot at the time....

I got 2 6' light oak 5-shelf bookcases for $6 each and 2 lamps with frosted glass shades and chrome stands for $7 each!!

I loved clearance shopping!!
    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Working...
    X