Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh...that's nice, now can I see some ID?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth repsac View Post
    M claimed that once, when asking a guy for a photo ID on a check the guy was writing, M had the rather amusing occasion to be handed his OWN driver's liscense with some idiot's picture taped over the front. Now it wasn't a good tape job either, the guy had used duct tape or something similar. He claimed quote "The DOT put the wrong picture on, so I corrected it."
    What happened after that?

As far as what constitutes valid ID for alcohol/tobacco (at least at Wal-Mart in NY and CT) is as follows:

State-issued Driver's License (I believe foreign DL's count too, if they have photo and birthdate)
    State-issued non-driver ID (don't recall hearing any stipulation that it had to be issued by the state it was being used in; most that I've seen look similar to DL's with NON-DRIVER printed on them in red or oriented portrait-style instead of landscape)
    Military ID (despite the fact that these always look easy to fake to me)
    INS card (Immigration and Naturalization Services card)
    Passport

Anything else, regardless of whether or not it has both photo and birthdate, is not considered valid ID. My guess would be to limit the number of forms of ID that a cashier needs to be familiar with.

Other things I've had people hand to me as ID:

Credit cards (always without picture, oddly. Had one lady hand me five credit cards when I ID'd her for an unsigned CC, before she finally found her driver's license)
    Sam's Club/BJ's/Costco membership card
    Student IDs (HS and college both)
    Tax Exempt card
    Food Stamps card

Haven't seen a badge or prison ID yet.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I was checking a 50 for counterfiet, and the guy asked "you dont think its' real?" and flipped me his cop badge.

I laughed at that (he meant it as a joke ) and pointed out HE may have been given a bad 50, to which he pointed out 'true, true...'
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I've been shown a jail ID (I forget what kind of offender the person was)when someone was trying to buy smokey treats. I was rather shocked that the person just pulled it out nonchalant like.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

As a former Marine, I know military ID's are usually accepted in most places. It is an official from of government ID, as valid as a driver's license or state ID card.

Comment

From a long time ago:

Parole papers -- the guy got out of the stir that very day. I'd have thought that being in a bar was some sort of violation.
            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

The only ID I am allowed to take are: Driver's License, State ID, Military ID and passports.

Any other "ID's" are unacceptable and will be turned away.

I had this one guy trying to act like he was so cool because he had a Private Investigator ID. He was shocked when I told him that it wasn't proper ID and I couldn't complete the transaction. He was down right mad but oh well. Not my problem.

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                As a former Marine, I know military ID's are usually accepted in most places. It is an official from of government ID, as valid as a driver's license or state ID card.
                Where I work we accept either Military ID or DL as the PRIMARY form of ID to open an account. We still need a secondary ID to go along with it. Neither of those fall into the category for secondary ID's.
                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                HellGate: London

Comment

Which is funny because I have been strongly assured by many customers that your business NEVER asks for ID, and that ID has NEVER been a requirement to set up an account at ANY of your stores. Apparently the company you work for also accepts ATM cards and you don't care if they use a Credit Card that has a name on it other than their own.

(of course, my response to that was always, "Really? Well, there's a location just a few blocks away." as I point down the street and try not to laugh at them)

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                    In either real or photocopy I have been offered:

StarFleet Academy
                    Oh man, I don't think I could keep myself from bursting out in laughter if someone tried on me!

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                      Where I work we accept either Military ID or DL as the PRIMARY form of ID to open an account. We still need a secondary ID to go along with it. Neither of those fall into the category for secondary ID's.
                      So if I gave you both my Military ID AND my DL, that would not work as one of them is not considered to be "secondary" since they are both "primary"??

Back in the dark ages, when the drinking age was 18, and I was still 17, I had a "deal" worked out with the pub/restaurant in the mall where I worked. I'd get a drink, they would serve me, then card me halfway through, but give me enough time to finish my drink (while running my fake ID by the manager) before they kicked me out.

Yeah, I know that would never fly now, and I never had a hissy fit the few times I was refused. I just had a soda instead.
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

not really too much about a ID...

but, 18 is the legal age for buying cigarettes, myself, at the age of 16, i already were growing a beard, this became my ID...

"i'd need to see... oh.. a beard, you're old enaugh"

i don't smoke or drink though, so i only used my ID for friends (i was underage myself too, so i was that stupid then)

i only accept buying for people i know is old enaugh now, or my siblings >.>
                        Rawr

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                          You'd think those of all people would have real ID.
                          If it makes sense, it's not allowed, you know.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                            Beaming she responds. "I'm starting a job at State Line Caberet. I'm a stripper."

Yeah right. I don't know why I asked it, but I said to her quote "Prove it."

Trust me friends. She proved it.
                            OK, I'll bite... what are the details here? She got nakkie... then what? Got dressed and left with the beer?
                            Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                            TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

It's in another thread, and my memory sucks, but IIRC; she flashed me totally topless. I've got the security camera tape somewhere around here, but since I closed up my shop and stuff I've not really dug into the boxes to see what's where.
                              Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
                              X