Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just processed an order here for a man with the last name of Frankenberry.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• I got sent to the voice mail of someone today named Michael Jackson. Oddly enough, "Bad" played over the office radio only about an hour or so before the call.

Comment

• A guest from Japan is Mr.Fukyumon. Yup. No B.S. It's pronounced Mr. Fuukumon
        Accountant by trade, Night Auditing Drunksitter by choice.

Comment

• Quoth geek007 View Post
          A guest from Japan is Mr.Fukyumon. Yup. No B.S. It's pronounced Mr. Fuukumon
          Foo-cue-moan

Ku and Kyu are different characters. And now I'm curious as to how that would change the meaning of the name.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Saw one the other day

Marc Cram
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

• Dr. Healey
              Scam artist Madoff
              Senator McGovern
              And my art teacher, Cara Bean
              Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

• I just remembered one from back in high school.

The flute instructor was Ms. Teats.

Yeah.... the guys acted like your typical high school guys, although I don't think they ever did anything while in her presence.

^-.-^

Comment

• Just got another one...had to call someone today named Dick Hurts. And I'm so glad I got his voice mail because I would have started laughing had I spoken to the man himself.

Comment

• Dick Hurts... sounds like one of those immigration respellings, possibly of Hertz. Doesn't excuse that combination with the first name though...

Comment

• Ok, after reading through this entire thread I have some names to add.

Dick Johnson is a famous Australian racing driver.

My Dad, a former policeman, used to work with a guy called Max Smart. The entire station just called him 86. Other policemen that dad had heard of was Constable Sargent and Seargents Constable and Major.

I went to school with a girl who had the last name Hoare. She was one of 6 kids. Nice family despite the name.

At university we had one lecturer named Weiping Hu. Didn't really click until another lecturer asked us how we liked Dr Hu.

Worked with a guy named Joseph. Didn't really understand why he insisted on being called Joseph until we learned his last name about 4 months after he started. He was Joseph King. We thought it was hilarious, until he told us about his uncle Wayne. We collapsed after that, but when we calmed down it was decided for the greater good that he would continue to be called Joseph.

Another person that worked with Joseph and me was a girl called Candi. I was one of the only people that worked out her full name. What person in their right mind names their beautiful baby girl Candida? So Candi it was.

At another job I worked with a woman named Ayu Orpin. Pronounced "are you open". She told us the trouble she had when calling her husband's office. She would say "Hi, this is Ayu Orpin." Before she could ask for her husband they would always say "Yes, we are open." She finally figured out to say "Hi this is Mrs Orpin. Is my husband there?"

Comment

• Can't work out if this one is real or created by the abysmal admin standards of the hospital, but my mother just received a letter from the hospital she has been attending which referred to the matron of one of the wards as :

Mr Bodycomb

which makes us I think it would be a funny name anyway, but it does seem particularly appropriate for a nurse, and it also makes you think of lice...

Victoria J

Comment

• Winter Howell... it would make a good werewolf name, doncha think?
                          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

• Damn, I'm just on a roll. I had to call someone whose last name was Trbobich - pronounced "turbo-bitch." I giggled a little because I thought the secretary was being funny with me, but I learned soon that was the manager's actual name and how it was actually pronounced.

Comment

• Here's one from Hubby: Changis Khan.
                              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

• I just found out we have a local family with the last name of "Mashuga."
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X