Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have but one name to add. It's a real name, and it's someone of my own family. Married in actually...but still he is family.

His name?

Well his first name is Richard...but he goes by Dick..ok not that unusual...his last name? ...I kid you not TINGLER.

So his name is DICK TINGLER....
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

• Jeopardy! contestant tonight; Eureka Nutt.

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

• The guy who sits behind me got to call an Eric Cartman yesterday. I would have been tempted to ask for the man's voice mail and leave a message wherein I scream, "Respect mah authoritah!"

And while not a last name, I had to call a place called Newlywed Foods, located on Hurt Road in Horn Hill. Just strikes me as funny that all those fun words were in the same address.

Comment

• Someone posted a link to this story on Facebook today.

The man's name was "Harry Baals".
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Oh I've got a few of these!

From a few years back when I was doing insurance renewals - 'Sydney Harbour' and 'Arthur Pounder'.
            Plus I had some that were memorable just for their sheer euphony - 'Archibald M McGrotty' 'Reginald J Sprules' and 'John Wallis Titt'. And the name of a firm - 'Gruntfuttock, Titwillow and Makepeace'.

Also, my father used to sit next to a girl at school called Olive Hoyle. And at my grammar school I knew a girl called Jo King, and a boy called Ivan Cock (whose parents might just as well have gone the whole hog and called him Ivor). And we had a teacher who was Mr Baumohl, and you can guess what his nickname was.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• Mrs. Hadnutt.

Victoria J.

Comment

• How about Randy Dick...yeah.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• Had to call all three of these people today: Dick Grows, Mike Hunt, and Geoff Cockman.

Comment

• We had a customer with the last name Buttephuck.
                    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

• I don't have any great last names that come to mind, but a friend of mine had a roommate named Kalel. Yes, like Superman. Parents seem to love inflicting this stuff on their kids.
                      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• There's two doctors in the nuclear radiology lab my mom works in named Dr. Wong and Dr. Way.

Someone had a great sense of humor to pair those two together in the same department...

Comment

• Earlier this week, I got to check in DVDs where the borrower's first name was "Fartun".

Comment

• My little brother's name can be framed as Dick Crease...

Which is why he's always gone by Richard.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• We're buying a house atm and our estate agents name is Conmee.

I also had the fortune of meeting a Kiwi airman who's surname is Krapp. Unfortunately for him the NZ military put a little badge on you with your surname and your branch, so his chest read Krapp Airforce, which is a touch unkind.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• my last name can approximate to "Von Du Vlat"
                                For some reason the "Vl" screws people up. Also, yes, each word is capitalized.
                                (Note Bene: This is not my last name. My last name is unique in the United States. I've had government checks and searches to check. Possibly the world, I'd have to contact my elder foreign relatives to make sure/ have them research. And no, the Ellis Island Effect is not to blame. My grandparents were educated, recent immigrants.)
                                EDIT: we need more Polish names in here. I find them inherently odd. Perhaps Hungarian, for the same reason.
                                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 02-23-2011, 03:03 PM.
                                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                                X