This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8014318.stm - Major Dickie Head

Had to phone a customer called William Twatt (apparently pronounced Twot)
    Not y3k compatible

Comment

• This evening we had a caller with the last name of Minicucci. When she said it, I got all kinds of possible different spellings in my head, based on phonetics...and none of them was particularly pleasant However, I guessed at the correct spelling in my Notepad notes and it turned out I was right...so if the call happens to be graded (and my screen action viewed) I can't be accused of anything nasty
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• A couple of days ago we had a woman with the last name of Assman. I couldn't believe it. I'm going by the tone of her voice and her first name to say she was a woman, so she wasn't really an ass MAN...but she was kind of an ass.
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• School photos continue to supply great names, though I'll have to continue to treat this thread as "Great Names"

Last week was all celebrities for me. I took Rebecca Black's picture one day (poor girl) and the next day I took Morgan Freeman's!

And then fast forward to today, where my mind was blown away by bizarre first names.
          Stone
          Fire
          Wolf
          Neo
          All these kid's names threw me off so much that I managed to miss the fact that one of the teachers was Mr. Rogers.
          It makes sense.

Comment

• Well, Wolf/Wulf/Wulfgarr I can see, especially from northern European backgrounds...

But, Neo? Freaking NEO?! If that kid doesn't turn out to be a Heisman trophy winner s/he's gonna get picked on with a name like that, I would think. Poor kid.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Recently I've seen the last name Fulwider on a check (pronounced how it looks, I think...Full wider). There's also a family with the surname Sexe in the area--and yes, that's pronounced sexy. I had an instructor in college with the last name Loving. Speaking of odd first names...I have a cousin (male) named Storm. I also know of a Will Williams and a Jacob Jacobson. Oh, and I saw the following surnames recently in the obituaries: Hair, Spitler, Jacox, Kuntz (probably pronounced koontz and not the other way, but still), Heck, and Rust.
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• A coworker tells me his brother's name is James Browne

Comment

• I swear last week I had a customer with the last name Smrt.

And today I got to meet Father Breedlove.
                  Meeeeoooow.....
                  Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• That reminds me that we have a regular with the last name Szmyr.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Some great names from my ancestral family lines...

Dad's dad's line:
                      Hairsine
                      Hygham
                      Pinkney
                      Lemon

Dad's mum's line:
                      Rabbit
                      Pym
                      Glasscock
                      Cudd
                      Boice
                      Flye

Mum's dad's line:
                      Tyzack
                      Laing
                      Salmon

Mum's mum's line:
                      Jowsey
                      Swales

A lot of the unusual names are often parts of One-name Studies, meaning it's likely all relatives or bearers of that name are related. My housemate has found a cousin from university this way...and one in my family was a Bathurst, of which one Lawrence Bathurst was beheaded in the Wars of the Roses.
                      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

• I think my favorite is "Dr. Spaceman" from Thirty Rock.

Comment

• My mother is currently seeing a Dr. Engineer.

Leaving us wondering if there is somewhere out there an engineer called Doctor.

Victoria J

Comment

• Quoth Victoria J View Post
                            My mother is currently seeing a Dr. Engineer.

Leaving us wondering if there is somewhere out there an engineer called Doctor.

Victoria J
                            Well, he's not exactly an engineer, but he is a Doctor of everything.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Got a new customer who's last name is "Phuc". I feel a swell of pity for him...
                              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                                Got a new customer who's last name is "Phuc". I feel a swell of pity for him...
                                He's changing his first name to Mi...
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X