This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    I also know someone who's last name is Fuchs. A coworker asked me how to pronounce her name. I told him "I DON'T pronounce her name."
    I knew someone with that name, it was pronounced with a q sound (Fuques).

There's some college football team that has a player with the last name of Dingle and another with the last name of Berry. They make a point of sitting together on the bench so you see "DingleBerry." Don't remember which team it was though.
    TANSTAAFL

Comment

I went to school with Teresa Green and my mother saw this when she was working somewhere - a poor lady called Ophelia Balls.

Hubby has seen quite a few odd names like Mrs P. Ong, Handslip, Glasscock, Hooker, and for the Pratchett fans here a Mrs Ogg.
      As soon as I start thinking
      That I'm sensible and sane
      The Random Hedgehog comes along
      And fiddles with my Brain
      (from card I got)

Comment

I knew these people:

John Deer
        Joe Blow

Comment

I once had a problem with a laptop repair I sent to the IBM depot. They said something was spilled into the unit. The customer denied it, and wanted proof. IBM said they would email the photos, but they never came. I called IBM, and found out actually I had deleted the email with the photos.

Well, what would *you* do with an email, with attachments, entitled "photos" from somebody unknown to you claiming to be.....
          "Tabitha Tartt"?

Comment

I once checked in a guest at the hotel where I used to work whose name was Mrs. Roberta Sox. She went by "Bobbie."

When my mom was working, she encountered a customer whose last name was Zodzsasz. Pronounced to rhyme with "dog's ass." She also had a customer, a man, whose last name was Shebest, pronounced "she-beast."
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I work with a guy whose last name is "Cockrum"

I can't help but chuckle every time I hear/read/say it.

CH
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

My best friend's last name is Butt. She has an uncle named Harold - he goes by Harry.....

My cousin worked for StatsCan and had a survey returned from a Nympho Maniac

Comment

My cousin's name is Charles LeBrun...Charlie Brown, basically. Poor guy got teased so much.

My parents knew a Mercedes Aucoin (Mercedes at the corner) and a Marin Guay (Mosquito).

There was a woman at my Aid of Rite who was born day after Christmas. Her name was Heather, I believe. If she had been born on Christmas, her name would have been Noelle Michelle Carnell.

Also, oh my god if my mother would have had her way I would have been called Prudence. Thank you Dad for giving me my name!

The lady that we adopted our girl beagle from, her name was Tracy Tracey.

Oh! Almost forgot. There was a boy who immigrated from some country in West Africa, his dad was a politician. The visa people apparently stamped "No Name" on his papers because the boy could barely speak English to tell them his name. He learned English and forever after tried to tell people that no, his name was Chad, not "Noname" (No-nah-may).
                  Last edited by ralerin; 12-23-2009, 04:23 AM.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I've been unable to find a couple of files I wanted, but I have seen the following names today :

Suckling, Sweatman, Hazzard, Maffia, Mule.

Victoria J

Comment

I've run into a lot of funny names. My RDC in bootcamp (navy speak for drill Sargent) name was Quackenbush. It's hard to keep a straight face getting screamed at by a cat with that name on his uniform. My old man is an insurance agent. He had a customer named Clay C. Clay III. Guess what the C stood for. He also had a woman with 6 kids all named after cars (Porsche, Lamborghini, etc). People sometimes call up his office asking for "Mr Clu". Since he is licensed, his business card has his name with C.L.U at the end which signifies his licenses. It's the equivalent of someone calling a doctor's office and asking for Doctor MD. On my carrier, the pilots had their names and call sign on their plane. Maj Thomas Hole had the call sign "Corn". Major Billy Sanchez had the call sign "Dirty". We had a IC second class named Balls. So when addressing him, you had to call him IC2 Balls. I knew a girl in "A" school with the last name "Swallows". Since she was an ET, her rate was seaman until she made E-4. So she was "Seamen Swallows". I knew a guy from Africa in the navy whose last name was "Whartongashong". Used to call him VD for short.
                      "Beatings will continue until morale improves!"

Comment

Hubby's roommate in college was from Nigeria: Meeshot Mbuti... I'm not sure I'm spelling his first name right, but the whole thing was pronounced something like "me shot my bootie".

Ralerin, I have a different definition for "Marin Guay": merengue, a dance form
                        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

When I lived in NH one of our state representatives was named "Dick Swett".
                          Quote Dalesys:
                          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

One of my co-workers once had a customer with the name Dick DeLong....I kid you not.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                              One of my co-workers once had a customer with the name Dick DeLong....I kid you not.
                              Somewhere there has to be a guy whose name is Dick Short.
                              Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
                                Somewhere there has to be a guy whose name is Dick Short.
                                Would a Mr. Smallwood fit in here?

Also mentioned before, Evilsizer and both a Mr. and a Ms. Assman ( don't know if she was his wife or a relative or completely unrelated, saw them on different days)
                                Meeeeoooow.....
                                Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Working...
                                X