Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the hospital in my hometown, there was a urologist named Dr. Balls.

Comment

• Went to school with a Jack Hoff, Mike Hunt (and yes he went by Mike), Anita Friend, and Rusty Nail. Parents can be dicks.

We've had a few guests with interesting names, two that stick out in my mind are Dikurts and Askloun

Comment

• Quoth Sableonblonde View Post
        I noticed on one of the for-sale signs outside of one of the houses in my neighborhood that the real estate agent's last name was Greathouse. Tell me she's not in the perfect line of work.
        Oh! That reminds me of a real estate agent around here, whose name is Jean Poole!
        Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

• So, some fun ones from the customer database:

Lovelady (belongs to a woman)
          Szczepkowski (I'd like to buy a vowel?)
          Anita Wildman (you, too?)
          Apexa (this is a first name)
          Audi (another first name)

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• A few more to add from names I've noticed while checking it bookdrop items:

- someone with "Fang" as a first name.

- "Dye" and "Rang" as last names.

Comment

• Dr. Mullett.

<Jeff Foxworthy on line 1!>

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

• Anita Wildman (you, too?)
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Someone, I think it was Severin, mentioned the name Turnipseed. I've seen that one.

Around here we've got a family whose last name is Cabbagestalk.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• A local politician had the last name of Kruk (pronounced crook). He wasn't, and he was a really nice guy, too.

I went to school with sons from a family with the last name of Endlicher (pronounced end-licker). Good guys, but they learned how to fight at an early age.
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• A local politician here is named Crapo. You're not supposed to pronounce it the way you all assume you should, but he's a . . . complete moron. So yes, you should pronounce it the way you all assume you should.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• I went to school with a Bob Evans, met a Coronal Sanders, had a class with a Clark Kent (he was a blond guy), and the teachers name in the class was Lois Lane.

The most unusual names I've come across were a set of twin females. The last name was Pigg. One was Ura (pronounced You're a) and one was Ima (pronounced I'm a).
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I met a guy named Wayne, last name Kerr. He was in his 50s so it wasn't that bad when he was younger.

Comment

• Quoth Kristev View Post
                            A local politician here is named Crapo. You're not supposed to pronounce it the way you all assume you should, but he's a . . . complete moron. So yes, you should pronounce it the way you all assume you should.
                            The founder of General Motors was a gentleman by the name of William C. Durant. And yes, the C stood for Crapo. No idea how he pronounced it. (And how else would you pronounce that, if not for the obvious way?)

BTW, I've always seen it spelled "Crappo", but the Pikiwedia article on him spells it with one P only.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            The most unusual names I've come across were a set of twin females. The last name was Pigg. One was Ura (pronounced You're a) and one was Ima (pronounced I'm a).
                            Pretty sure that was Hogg, not Pigg.
                            Last edited by Shalom; 12-12-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Glad someone rezzed this, I've stumbled across a few more.

My best friend's last name is Miller-Foster, which I think is awesome, except he hates both those beers (he's a Bud fella).

I also discovered a dentist's office near the DMV I took my brother to so he could get his learner's permit. Dr. Rotty's office. I don't feel so confident in this guy, but I'm not one to talk since the family dentist is a Dr. Gagne (which I've been prone to pronouncing as GagME if I go in congested).

And the school nurse I alluded to before? Anita Hickey. I was best friends with her daughter and felt terrible for all the jokes she probably had to go through because of her mom's name.

Comment

• Nope, especially because the wiki page said that Hogg had died a year after I was born. It was Pigg.
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X