This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Told

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, then please move it.

Now yesterday, a couple of coworkers and I, thought that we didn't get paid for a week, on our last check. We mention it to my boss. Of course he gets mad and says something like we can be fired for that....I said for what, asking about our checks....no we can not be fired for that. Now today, The accountant is there with us to discuss that with us, and he came on out and said that we were smoking something , for making him dig thru all the paper work. Now the tax man says that we should be fired for asking about our pay. It turned out that, since we were off for thanksgiving, and a couple of days then, that is why we were short, we had less pay on the check. I knew that we had the less pay, but I just could not remember that it was because of Thanksgiving.

But still the accountant should not have said what he did about us being fired.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Actually, making threats against your job for an honest wage enquiry is probably closer to a reason to get fired.
    I'd see what the highers say, and if they get uppity, mention lawsuits. Always funny.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

For the future, this is exactly why you should always carefully read your pay stubs and keep track of your hours worked. I've been shorted by the computer before, I've been dicked over by management before, and there has been a time or two that I just misunderstood something.

But back to the threat of firing, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're in the US, call 1-866-4-US-WAGE mon-fri 8-5. I'm sure the US Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division would love to hear about that one.
      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
      My MySpace
      My LiveJournal

Comment

Our pay stubs say something to the line of "non-desputable". So, in other words, we're getting what that paper says and there's no if's, and's or but's about it.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
          Our pay stubs say something to the line of "non-desputable". So, in other words, we're getting what that paper says and there's no if's, and's or but's about it.

What happens if the f*** up is in your favor (ie. you get paid $4000 instead of $400) is it still "non-desputable" if so, come on no whammy, big bucks.

My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
            What happens if the f*** up is in your favor (ie. you get paid $4000 instead of $400) is it still "non-desputable" if so, come on no whammy, big bucks.
            Belive it or not, that happened to me twice. Not to that extent of course. But it was a case of a screw up in my favor. Nothing happened as a result of it.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

We just got a new time clock at work (instead of swiping badges we use our fingers).....

and there was a glitch in the system......and somehow........nearly every employee got for a 48 hour week, even though overtime is forbodden and no one works past their shift or comes in early.

YAHTZEE!
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
              X