This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why bother closing for Xmas?

I work at a 24 hour c-store/gas station. Our hours for Christmas and Christmas Ever are as follows; Xmas Eve we close at midnight and we reopen Xmas day at 8:00am. We're only closed for 8 hours. And someone (our SM) has to stay in the store for those 8 hours since we can't leave the store empty. Regular 3rd shift only has 1 person on. Why are we even bothering to close?
    Last edited by alphaboi; 12-16-2006, 09:48 PM. Reason: bloding
    Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

That's just weird--not enough time off for anyone to enjoy Christmas Eve or morning or anything else. Why bother? It can't be because anyone in corporate cares if they come off like Scrooges.

Comment

If it makes sense, it's not allowed.

That's all I can say.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That IS pretty bizarre. What the heck are you gonna do with 8 hours of graveyard? That's nuts. Not to mention pointless.

Comment

Damn. At least the store will be closed. My store closes ONLY after a robbery, and even then will reopen at the earliest possible moment.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

At least it closes at all. Remember Dick making the gas station remain open, but generously let us close at 10?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

While we are closed for Christmas, we normally close on Christmas Eve at 3pm. Of couse this year Christmas Eve is on Sunday and we don't open on Sunday till 12 noon.

Might we just be closed for two days? Noooooo

They decided we would be open 10am to 3pm and the fact that most of our Sunday customers are the Church crowd just let loose is completely missed by the management.
              "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Working...
              X