Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddly enough...every year, we here in the obit department have what we call the "Christmas curve" when our obit tallys rise by around 25% starting in mid-November and don't drop to normal levels again until around mid-January. But the last three or four days, we have been WAY below normal. I've had days with four or five deaths when we were expecting 20-25.

This tells me that everyone is too busy shopping to die.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

A friend of mine whom is a pharmicist tells me that December is "in season" for anti-depressants and mood-stabilizers, at least around here.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

We go through that stuff like candy in this town year round. Can't say as I've noticed a huge jump in the amount we fill.
        However, there'll probably be a big jump in Wellbutrin XL since we just recieved the new generic version a few days ago. Woohoo!

Our parking lot was insanely full yesterday, all day long. The store was packed! The pharmacy was insanely busy too, and it seemed like every other one was a wierd insurance problem, or people that didn't order their refills in time and we hadn't heard back from the doctor so they needed loans....what a pain in the arse!

Comment

Ree, you were right on!

Our credit card authorization system went offline at precisely 2:17pm PST on Saturday. And of course, only 4 out of 6 registers have all components fully functioning: scanner, EAS deactivator, pinpad, etc. And only one credit card imprinter to share between the 4 cashiers.

I had a lot of fun Saturday.

Comment

Ours went down precisely a quarter after two, and Boss-Man said to me at the start of the day: "The credit-card terminals will fail shortly after two, and you will make a sign, and no one will read it." I didn't believe him, but he was right.
            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

No credit card problems at my work, but due to call-offs (people who think they just DESERVE weekends off despite the fact that they signed their job description when they got hired and the job description says you may be scheduled 6am to midnight seven days a week) so rather than working 10-6 Bakery as scheduled I worked 7am-6pm cashier. Sometime around 8am some asshat gave me $17 in quarters. I took it only because there was only two people behind him and I didn't want to deal with the shit-fit he would surely throw, but I did suggest the CoinStar. He flatly refused that because "it charges you". I probably should have done a pick-up during my shift, but I didn't have time. By the end of the shift when I did my pick-up I decided to count out the cash part of it (only required when I'm on audit which I never am, but I counted it just for shits and giggles) and I can report to you that just in 50s, 100s, and all but $100 of my 20s I had $3240. Of course this didn't incude 10s, 5s, 1s, change, checks, credits, debits, EBTs, WICs, gift certificates, all the people who got cash back on their debits and checks... if I had to guess I probably had seven to ten thousand dollars in transactions at my register.

Oh yeah, and Dutch Farms only delivered us half of what we ordered for Friday's delivery, so we had sold out of every egg in the store by the end of Saturday. We posted two signs on the cooler doors where eggs are normally displayed, and I still had customers asking me about eggs about every ten minutes Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
              "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
              "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
              My MySpace
              My LiveJournal

Comment

...the job description says you may be scheduled 6am to midnight seven days a week...
                To be fair, if they started scheduling me 126 hours a week, I wouldn't show either
                Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                X