Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Rental Agent Job Description(little long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Rental Agent Job Description(little long)

I am an Auto Rental Agent

I have advanced degrees in accounting, public relations, marketing, business, computer science, civil engineering, auto propulsion, and Swahili.

Of course, I have the reservation that you booked 6 years ago even though you don’t have the confirmation #, and you think it might be under a name that starts with “T”.

It’s not a problem to give you a 12 passenger, non-smoking, convertible hatchback sports car with 6 doors. And yes, I can install a Turbocharger. I know it is my fault we do not have one with purple leather seats.

I am an Auto Rental Agent. I am expected to speak all languages. It is obvious to me that when you booked your reservation for Saturday you really meant Friday. My company has entrusted me with all financial information and decisions, and yes, I can tell you why your bill from May 2002 contains a $3.00 gas charge. Obviously, you never pay for gas charges, and did not notice that you were charged until 4 years later.

I am an Auto Rental Agent. I understand that I am beneath you and anything you say surely was passed down from The Almighty himself. And I understand that you are far too busy to stop for 2 seconds so I can print you your receipt. And of course I will fax it to you as you try and sputter your fax # as you run away from my counter. And if you give me the wrong # and don’t get your receipt right away, I apologize. I should have known the correct #.

I understand McGullicutty’s Widget Manufacturing is a vast empire whose business will make or break my company. Yes, I am lying to you when I say we have no more cars available. It is not a problem for me to quickly assemble several more cars. This time I will remember the purple leather seats.

I am an Auto Rental Agent. I am quite capable of checking 3 contracts in, 4 contracts out, taking 5 reservations, answering all 5 phone lines, and changing the oil on that blue full size sedan, all at the same time, without making you wait.

I know exactly where to find the best Vegetarian-Kosher-Mongolian BBQ Restaurant in town. I know exactly what to see and do in this city in 15 minutes without spending any money. I take personal blame for airline food, traffic jams, dirty hotel rooms, and the National Economy. I understand your bad day is entirely my fault. Yes, people often confuse us with the “Tuktlyuktuk Dogsled Rental of the Northern Arctic Circle”, and it is my fault I do not have the dogsled you reserved.

Of course, I can get you into a car at the special $15 rate because you are affiliated with the Hoboken Accounting and Bagel Club.

I am expected to smile, empathize, sympathize, console, upsell, downsell, perform, sing, dance, and fix the printer.

I am an Auto Rental Agent. I do all things.
    If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
    www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Quoth RentalRacer View Post
    It’s not a problem to give you a 12 passenger, non-smoking, convertible hatchback sports car with 6 doors. And yes, I can install a Turbocharger. I know it is my fault we do not have one with purple leather seats.
    Well, I can forgive not having one with purple leather seats...I GUESS...:sigh: but I wanted it with 8 doors!!!!!!!!!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Cool! Can you let me have a car, free of charge, for the weekend? Say, a Charger, or Mustang, or anything sexy, sporty and fast with a convertible top?
      And it must have SEVEN doors.
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I flew into Houston a couple of weeks back and while I was at the auto rental counter the nice lady behind the counter picked up the phone when it rang and here is what I heard: "No Sir, I do not know how many litres a Dodge Hemi engine is. Sir, I only rent cars, I am not an auto mechanic. You may want to call your local Dodge dealer. Can I help you with a rental? No? Ok thank you for calling Acme Auto Rental."

I commiserated with her and told her that I felt her pain. The pain of dealing with utter morons.

Comment

CherryB, and you didn't take the opportunity to pimp this site?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            CherryB, and you didn't take the opportunity to pimp this site?
            Never fear! She got a nice lil business card with our website on it! Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Comment

Working...
            X