This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted!

Ever gotten busted at work talking poo about a customer or coworker.....and you didn't think anyone was listening???

I worked at the grocery store for a year and a half. When I first started, there was this one kid, we'll call him Adam. He was a year older than me. He was rarely ever serious and was extremely fun to be around. If anyone was ever pissed off by a customer or for whatever reason, Adam made it better.

Well, there was ONE time Adam was serious. I had just bagged an order for an elderly man, and had put his bananas and apples in the same bag. Common sense right? No big deal, right?

Adam motioned me over and said, "You seriously gotta be really careful with these old bitties...they get REALLY pissed when you screw with their bananas!"

I thought he was joking, but he got serious and said, "No seriously.....there's the rules of bagging, and then the rules of bagging for old folks. Only ONE item per bag!"

I still thought he was joking somewhat.

Then he called over to a cashier who was his friend and said, "Hey Joe, remember that time that stupid old lady called up the store after I bagged her groceries and complained because I put her bananas and her tomatoes in the same bag and it was too heavy for her and the tomatoes ruined her bananas? That dumb old bitty!"

Well lo and behold.....there was a middle aged woman just leaving another checkout who'd heard the entire thing, and snarled, "That. Was. My. MOTHER!"

Adam thought she was joking and laughed.

"This is NO laughing matter, get me your manager right NOW!"

Adam was written up and suspended for 3 days (hey, same thing happened to me with the crazy scamming lady on foodstamps. Of course, I'd already been written up for my drawer being off, so the next step was suspension, I'm assuming Adam had already gotten in trouble for something as well).

Then he got smart and got the hell out of that place.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas87 View Post
    "That. Was. My. MOTHER!"
    My response to that:

ahhhhhhhh
    hide in bathroom
    No good news is good bad news

Comment

Not me because I'm not a fan of bad karma...

But one of my coworkers had just finished helping this one customer and he walks over to where a few of us are standing and goes, "That lady was a real bitch"

And she had actually kind of followed him up to us... so after he said that she yelled, "I want to see a manager!"
      When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Someone at my arena at this moment is being talked about in a negative light and it's a 99% chance that it's in my department. Your thread reminded me of some idiots that just amaze me Blas, I think you'll like this one. There are a lot of people at the arena who have a MySpace, a 51 year old male supervisor has one it's that popular at the arena. There are many groups that can be found within those sites and many MySpacers who worked in parking at the arena were in them.

One day, a woman who works security was on the computer and decided to look up these arena groups. She came across a parking group and decided to take a peak. While browsing she thought it was just harmless fun until she stumbled upon something that made her jump. Our asst. dept head used to be in charge of security and he was being insulted. Jokes were made about his physical stature, (Imagine a balding Oompaa Lumpaa with human skin and you get my asst. dept head) jokes were made about the long term effects of being at the arena too long and how you turn into him, jokes were made about him being an ex-cop, and jokes were made about his physical stature. The woman instantly talked to the ADH and there has been a hunt to find out who posted it. This all happened about a good 2 months ago and I heard that they were caught and got some nice write-ups and more.*

*: I do not have a Myspace and learned of this through a supervisor.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Knowing me, probably, but I didn't get in trouble for it, so...
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think the funniest ever busted moment I've ever witnessed was my current manager. She told me she had handed in her notice but not to tell anyone else. I said fine and honestly didn't think anyone would be interested anyway. We go through managers like tissues in a flu outbreak. Later on our delievery driver came out to the shop and we were talking quietly about his new girlfriend when the manager storms into the shop and yells 'I told you not to talk about me giving in my notice' The driver looked at her blankly and said 'We're talking about my new girlfriend..but it's great to hear your leaving'
            She though just because we were talking quietly it was about her 0_o

Comment

I was doing rounds while working security and I went into a room with a bunch of guys sitting around the table. They didn't see or hear me come in. I over hear them talking about me in a sexual way.

I walk up behind them and say "I don't think my husband would approve" The looks of and were funny.

They bought me food and coffee for awhile to make up for their blunder.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Well lo and behold.....there was a middle aged woman just leaving another checkout who'd heard the entire thing, and snarled, "That. Was. My. MOTHER!"
                That kinda happened to me once. I was talking about a pain-in-the-ass customer at the paint desk to a co-worker one day. Another customer (30-ish white woman) overheard me and said "That was my sister!"
                I looked at her and said "Your sister is an elderly Korean woman?!"
                Customer: "Uhhh... noo. Sorry. I thought you were talking about my sister."

The co-workers and I had a good laugh after she left.
                Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Best recent busted moment at my workplace: one of my coworkers is an older woman who has a fairly wide mean streak. She loves to spread gossip and nasty stories about everyone in the place, no exceptions. Well, she's gotten sloppy lately in that she doesn't wait until her victim is out of the building to start dishing dirt about them. Sooo . . . last week she was grumbling loudly about someone, not realizing that 'someone' was standing only a few feet behind her, listening to every word with growing ire. The resulting explosion still has everyone snickering behind their hands.

Moral: don't talk trash until you're SURE Elvis has left the building!

Comment

I've told this story several times before, so I'll post the short version:

I was saying some unflattering things about a certain cashier, who was despised by everyone else who worked there, not knowing that the same cashier was practically right beside me, but I couldn't see her because she was crouched down behind the service desk, putting cigarettes away.

She pretty much avoided me the whole day, so I guess it was worth it.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Generally, anything I say about anyone I've already said to their face so- not really.

I pulled a movie out of the drop box one night that had Chick Tracts inside it and I was making fun of them (not Christianity- Chick Tracts). I had pulled up the account to see if I knew the customer who had returned it and I didn't recognize it.

The SM told me to put a note on the account to ask him not to put religious material in his returns again.

I was still cracking jokes about them when a regular customer, looking a bit irked, came up to check out. I pulled up his account and it was him.

It was about a month and a half before we saw him again but he never returned his movies with Chick Tracts in them again either.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Thank you. I actually had to look up "chick tracts" via Google, so I can say I learned something new today.

Comment

I had a very close call at the gas station once.

I was training in some new fresh meat (lol, poor kid), and he had a woman who wanted two packs of Marlboro reds....and proceeded to dump a plastic bag full of dimes and nickels (maybe ONE quarter in the whole bag) and some pennies on to the counter. Luckily, there were no other customers so she didn't hold up the line. My poor trainee had to count out 6 dollars and 90some cents in ALL dimes and nickels and pennies.........I helped him out a bit by sorting out dollars worth and whatnot.....it took about 3-5 minutes to count it all out.

She went out the door and me, being judgemental and not thinking before I speak, blurt out, "You're gonna have to get used to these poor people who raid the couch and the car for their ciggs!".....and a split second later, she walked back in because she wanted her plastic bag back!

I still to this day don't know for sure if she heard me or not.....I hope not. I do feel kind of bad, because I have paid in all quarters before....and a couple dimes and nickels, but not a whole bags worth of ONLY dimes and nickels and pennies.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It was my first week at first job - Borders. A nasty customer was screaming at me, and I mean screaming b/c I was slow. I was near tears b/c it was maybe my 4th time on register and wasn't particularly fast at doing everything yet.

The next woman on line asked me if I was okay. I tried not to cry and said the lady was a mean bitch. Then she informed me that the mean bitch was her sister. Then she demanded to talk to a manager.

Nothing major happened but I did get a severe talking to.
                            If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Working...
                            X