Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Silly] Mike Taylor: Officially Recognized by Corporate as a Destroyer of the Undead

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Silly] Mike Taylor: Officially Recognized by Corporate as a Destroyer of the Undead

Back in April, the company asked us "What's your life like outside of work?" on the company message board. Being silly, I replied "I take up the ol' shotgun and chainsaw and battle the undead which threaten my fair city."

Today, in the company newsletter, I find my original message board post and this equally silly response from the newsletter staff, "Charles, keep fightin' the good fight down there in Naples, FL. Are you sure those creatures are the undead? Maybe they are skunk-apes from the Okeefenokee Swamp. We're not saying it's any easier to destroy a skunk-ape than an undead thing, but it takes a different strategy and tools. Try baiting them with bananas. We find that to be very effective."

Mind you, the nearest swamp is the Everglades, but at least they recognized my efforts.

To clarify, this was on the humor page at the back of the magazine.

Last edited by Mike Taylor; 07-22-2010, 11:57 PM.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

That's ... a significant advert for your company.

Rapscallion

Comment

I should probably move that last line of text. Heh.

EDIT: Now moved.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

heh. awesome...

so... is that a twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington you're hunting with? one made in Grand Rapids, MI?

Comment

Sadly, the Big Yellow Price Tag doesn't sell S-Mart's "top of the line". I'm more of a fan of the Mossberg 500 series, anyway. My redneck blood also demands nothing less than a light weight McCulloch chainsaw, like the great Marcel Ledbetter's.
          Last edited by Mike Taylor; 07-24-2010, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
            I should probably move that last line of text. Heh.

EDIT: Now moved.
            Actually, I hadn't seen that. More thinking that a sense of humour like that is a good advert.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, they just opened in Thurrock and are about to open another store in Croydon, if they haven't already.

Comment

Working...
              X