This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on schedule

Remember when I posted this? http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=6367
    It was about my work taking me off the upcoming schedule. On Wednesday, the new schedule came out, and again, I wasn't on it. FYI, our schedule comes out two weeks in advance, so up on the schedule board we have a total of three weeks' worth of schedules; the current week, next week, and the week after that.

There was no one at work I could ask to see what the hell was going on. My ZM was gone, the GM was gone, and HR manager was out sick. So when the new schedule came out, I thought I was fired, and no one told me.

Finally, HR manager came back from sick leave. I marched in there and asked her what was going on. She looked at the schedule, looked at the past few weeks..
    "Were you a No call/no show?" "No," I replied. "But I was only scheduled for two days for Christmas week."
    She had no clue what happened. She walked to the GM (who was FINALLY back. I think he worked 4 days in the past 2 months), and asked him. He, too, had no idea what was going on.

Long story short: I had five days off in a row, Friday to Tuesday. Someone pencilled me in on Sunday midshift for 3 hours (Christmas Eve). Of course, no one told me, so I didn't show up. Since I didn't call in, or call for the rest of my scheduled time off, I was considered a NC/NS.

Now I am back on the schedule, hand-written in, all midshifts. Since I was a NC/NS, they transferred in a new guy from a different dept., who got the full time position that I desperately need.

I can't win at that place. Why is it so hard for me to find a new job???

-Knightmare, going bald from ripping out all his hair in frustration
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Quoth Knightmare View Post

I can't win at that place. Why is it so hard for me to find a new job???

-Knightmare, going bald from ripping out all his hair in frustration

Just like me, when I look for a job. I went a year, without a job, because on one wanted to hire me. That is a years worth of bills that couldn't not be paid. Unemployment is a joke, where I live. They told me that I would get so much a week from them, NOOOOPPPEEE. No one, could help me out, because my dad was in the same boat at the time. I finally got this one, and only because one of my buddies and his dad, opened up a shop, and they needed security. Since they found out that I had manager experience.....That is what I am now, Manager/Security/Cashier.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
    X