This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to work from home

It seems like all of my coworkers do it. I want to. C. is working part-time and going to school, so he's not here. D. moved out of town and works remotely. P. works from home because he has a young family and is an active dad. M. ... okay, he's usually here but he's on vacation this week. Office Manager is wherever the hell she wants to be. I think she just does what she wants and everyone worships her anyways. Seriously, she deserves it, she's good at what she does. Also I'm just as happy when she's not in because then I don't get nagged at (okay, sometimes it's legit, but sometimes I think she just wants to scold the nearest person). And K. works the afternoon shift of the same job I do in the mornings.

So it's just me, in the barely-air-conditioned office, answering the phone and support tickets. My apartment is much more comfortable. Plus, I don't have people knocking on the door at home and saying they're 'a new neighbour' and want to 'check out what's around here'. I closed the door in that guy's face because I didn't feel safe. Yeah, I know some karate, but if he wanted to steal computers from the software development office he'd probably bring a gun.

I can concentrate so much better when I work from home, and it's safer, and more comfortable. I wonder if I can set up the support phone line to transfer to my home phone. The only real problem with working from home is that I have to check messages and call back, rather than answering the phone.

Is there a way to reroute the phone calls to Skype some how so it rings through your computer?
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I would LOVE to route it through Skype. I'm really not sure if Skype can do that, but I'll check into it.

Comment

Working...
      X