Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonalds Workers: Come in here! (and everyone else)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds Workers: Come in here! (and everyone else)

SOOOOO

I'm looking for a new job right? The last three days in a row a supervisor from McDonalds comes through drive. I recognized him on the second day, and being legitimately friendly with nice people, I said "hey werent you here yesterday? :P" we made a little conversation and off he went.

He came back tonight, I joked with him that he was here too much. He said something, I think about going back to grave as a sup, and i just popped off with "Do you need someone for graveyard?"

He said yes.

Formal interview on Wednesday.

So McD's workers: Tips, recommendations, run like hell? It sounded like he needed someone for grill, not window.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Grill would keep you away from the people, probably. I can't imagine it'd be much different from where you're working now. But, we hope, with better management.

ETA: And good luck!
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Isn't it more or less what you do now? So you already know a lot of how the work is set out?
      Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Kind of. I haven't been trained on anything, so I know nothing of proper procedure. I'm good on cross-contamination just because i'm a cook period. Always have been, always will. Everything I know, I picked up from watching. The McD Sup said training is about the same over there.

Anyone know anything about serv-safe (i think its called)?

Comment

No Training?

If the Mcdonalds over there are the same as over here, they have very interesting training programmes and it is possible to progess quickly in the company should you want to do that.
          Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
            No Training?

If the Mcdonalds over there are the same as over here, they have very interesting training programmes and it is possible to progess quickly in the company should you want to do that.
            He said I'd shadow someone for a bit, then be left to my own devices. They aren't going to pay me to sit and watch videos. Jack doesn't either. Technically, I'm only certified at Jack to work fryers. I've had zero training in any other facet of that store.

I've never worked fast food in my life. I can run the entire store with on-the-floor observation/training in five months. Suck on it, haters.

edit: http://www.servsafe.com/catalog/prod...l.aspx?ID=1710 15$ for the servsafe online course. I dont know anything about this. Anyone?? How good does this make you look compared to not having it? The McD Sup said itd be better if i was certified. I kind of want to get a back of the house restaurant job eventually
            Last edited by Whiskey; 08-07-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I have taken Serv-Safe several times as you need to be re-certified every 5 years (at least in my state) and I am in the process of becoming a Serv-Safe instructor. I have never taken the online course as my company pays for me to take an 8 hour class and the state requires management to be Serv-Safe certified. If you read the book and use common sense then the testa are easy. Basically you go through everything that there is to know about serving safe food in a safe enviroment.

You will need to know (this is from my book) food borne illnesses, preventing food borne illnesses, pathogens, viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi, and biological toxins. This is the first two chapters of the book. Chapter 3 is about contamination and food allergens, Chapter 4 deals with the food handler, Chapters 5,6,7 and 8 deal with the flow of food in the resturant. Chapters 9,10,11, and 12 deal with food safety management, cleaning and sanitizing and pest management. Chapters 13 and 14 deal with food safety regulations and employee training.

The certification is invaluable!! It will be a plus on your resume, especially if you continue employment in the resturant industry, your chances of getting a higher wage and gaining employment increases because the mangement knows that they do not have to train you in safe food handling and that is a plus!!

If you have any other questions go ahead and ask..like I said I have taken the course many times and in fact I just took the class again in June and I am in the process of becoming an instructor. Good Luck!!

Comment

You work at Burger King, right? Or another fast food place...?

Make sure your even allowed to work there. Some places have policies about working at /rival/ places. (For example, I could be fired if I worked at Seven Eleven while work at Plaid Pantry).
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                  You work at Burger King, right? Or another fast food place...?

Make sure your even allowed to work there. Some places have policies about working at /rival/ places. (For example, I could be fired if I worked at Seven Eleven while work at Plaid Pantry).
                  have you read any of my posts? my manager is gunning to fire me.

Comment

XD Just making sure you know, in case you were going to work split shifts.

sorry. Please don't kill me.
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

For $15, I'd go for that online course. It seems to be a well-known name, and since you already have practical experience, an online course should be good enough to fill in any gaps.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

sorry. Please don't kill me.
                        you're gonna get it!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                          For $15, I'd go for that online course. It seems to be a well-known name, and since you already have practical experience, an online course should be good enough to fill in any gaps.
                          Also, taking the course shows inititiative, and makes you stand out from anyone else applying...
                          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                            Also, taking the course shows inititiative, and makes you stand out from anyone else applying...
                            That's what I was hoping they'd think

Comment

This sounds like the food handlers card here in WA. To work in any place that requires food safety you have to have it; supermarket, fast food,or restaurant.
                              "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Working...
                              X