Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Is Ridiculous, Corporate! pt. 2 (slight language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Ridiculous, Corporate! pt. 2 (slight language)

So Aid of Rite participates in the Children's Miracle Network campaign every spring, 8 weeks asking us to spam as many people as we can into donating. Sure, we get lots of donations and a few complaints about the spam, but it's only a once a year thing, right?

Motherfuckin' WRONG!!!

We have a mini campaign going on in the middle of this month! 4 weeks of spamming people to donate more to the cause! Why? I don't know why! I just know I'm not happy!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Well, I will tell you why (unfortunately). Most charities are hurting right now, because when people panic about finances one of the first things cut is contributions to charity (entertainment is up there also). Since it is currently nothing but 'doom and gloom' for the economy..they get a bit desperate. It's sucky, especially because there will be a lot more complaining and people will scream and yell "In this economy?!"
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I had that already the firsttime around, including one guy who threatened to tell corporate on us that our charity sucked and we were asking him too much. I don't want it again!
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

i also work for the fifth level of hell of a company that you do- corporate didn't do as hot the first time around with donations to cmn (a worthwhile charity) because : sales are down as is consumer spending in general and our new loyalty card was confusing people because we were asking them to sign up for the card and to donate a 1$. so off to the races again personally, i am not pushing it this time- i have enuf on my plate to deal with...

Comment

Working...
        X