This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster Film Tuesday . . .

Well, it might as well had been in the backroom this past Tuesday.

Quick background: for the past few weeks (since the third week of June) our DSD girl has been out on medical leave. So not only have I been trying to take care of my HBA department (and yes, management had been scheduling me someone to help put the stock out every week) but also check in vendor deliveries. MA (Mouth Almighty, as our DSD girl is known as) should be back at work Monday . . .yay.

Anyway, Tuesday morning and the vendors are starting to come in . . .our egg delivery and wine delivery arrived at about the same time.

It took a bit to get the wine order in the backdoor, because the merchandiser had an accident on the truck while out back and he had to subtract one bottle of wine off our order.

A short time later, while we're checking in the wine, our egg guy was pulling a pallet of eggs off the truck and while my attention was on checking off the EDI (Electronic Download Invoice) for the wine delivery, he didn't come off the dock board just right and blam . . . lost a crate full of eggs.

Scrambled eggs everywhere on the floor . . .

While egg guy was trying to take care of his mess, I finish up with the wine delivery so the merchandiser could get the product taken out to the salesfloor to put out on the shelves. He bent down to pick up a box of wine and a corner gave way . .

Red wine started flowing . . it looked like somebody was massacred. Lost 5 more bottles that had to be subtracted before I could finalize the invoice for payment.

So that got sucked up into the floor a short time later after all the glass had been removed, along with the scrambled eggs.

And then, not two hours later, here comes the Coke truck. Not Brad (our regular driver) but another guy.

This guy gets the dock door rolled up, and after rolling up the rear door of his trailer, set out his dock board and a few moments later was bringing off the first pallet of product.

The bottom of the pallet was 12 packs (stacked 8 to a layer BTW.) Our huge dock board was sticking out from underneath the beer bunker (why the beer backbstock is right at the dock door I don't understand, but I digress.)

You know where this is going right? If you guess that the pallet of 12 packs hit that dock plate, you're right. It cut right through a corner and completely obliterated a 12 pack of Diet Sprite Zero.

By this time, I've lost it and am almost ready to fall into the floor to laugh my ass off. I don't think Stirling Silliphant could have written a better script (he wrote both "The Poseideon Adventure" and "The Towering Inferno." IIRC.)

Cue the floor machine again . . .luckily that was the extent of the damage.

Too bad I didn't get to record any of the damage in progress on my phone . . . that would have been cool to put up on YouTube.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)
Working...
X