This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend's Awful Shift Today

I have written before about how boyfriend and three others are team players and work well together, but the fifth worker isn't.

Today, boyfriend arrived for his shift to find Number two, who does the shift before him very solemn.

It turned out that Number one and number three had been working and doing a seperate task alongside number two, when number two heard number three crying out.He went to see what was wrong, and found that number one had suddenly gone blue in the face and collapsed and was not breathing.

They called an air ambulance and they worked on him for over a hour before taking him to the hospital.It seemed he had suffered a massive heart attack.The last news boyfriend heard was that he was stable but had not been breathing for some time earlier which could cause additional serious problems.

Number three said that number one had not said anything about feeling ill, but number four said he had see him earlier and thought he looked a bit ill.

Number one is ten years younger than boyfriend and fit and healthy until this.

Everyone at his company is shocked by the news.

Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Ouch. Not what anyone wants to happen to them, or indeed anywhere near them.

Hopefully he'll recover.

Comment

How sad. I wish him a speedy and full recovery.
      EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
      ~-~
      Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts.Boyfriend has just arrived at work for his shift today and phoned me to say that number five says that number one is "more stable", but the first 48 hours are critical, and this is only the first 24 hours.

Still it is better news than we expected, if we are honest, the scenario seemed so bad yesterday.

Comment

An update he is now back at home after so many days in the hospital they had to put in a pacemaker and he is having to take it very easy. He is able to walk about a little but he has been told to rest as much as possible. Boyfriend visited him and said he still seems a little confused in what he talks about but his wife said the doctor thought this could just be the result of a whole concoction of medication he is still taking.

He has no date to return to work, and boyfriend said he was always working hard and missing breaks etc so perhaps he will slow down a bit now.He was incredibly lucky.The first day we heard the news we did not think he would survive that.

Comment

Wow. Glad to hear hes doing better. The miracle of medicine.

Comment

It's good to hear he's doing better. I hope he'll take better care of himself from now on.
              EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
              ~-~
              Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Working...
              X