This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We would not have guessed that!

I wish I were making this up - every so often, management sends us all emails with rather obvious information contained in them.

Today's classic

If your customer can speak English, continue to speak English with them.If they cannot speak English, ask them if they know anyone who can speak English who can help them.

Wait............what do I do again if my customer is speaking to me in English?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

I have to think only the truly stupid would consider this something that bore repeating.

Comment

How the heck are you suppsed to ask them get an English-speaking helper if they don't speak English???? And if you DO share a common language... do you still have to speak in English if they know it?
      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
        How the heck are you suppsed to ask them get an English-speaking helper if they don't speak English????
        I dont know where TA is from, but my area Spanish is huge. A simple "No Habla Espanol" works fine. They get someone who speaks english or try to get across their message themselves.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Makes me wonder which employee was the cause. You ever see the warning labels on things? For example, an iron will tell you not to iron clothes while wearing them. So what braniac screwed up to such a degree that this email was considered necessary?
          Last edited by bainsidhe; 08-20-2010, 11:30 AM.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            I dont know where TA is from, but my area Spanish is huge. A simple "No Habla Espanol" works fine. They get someone who speaks english or try to get across their message themselves.
            *ahem*
            It's "No hablo espanol" (with the little tilde over the n making sound like enyeh). "I don't speak Spanish."

You just told a person speaking Spanish "You don't speak Spanish.".

@Bainsidhe: You're obviously not a skirt-wearing female if you've never ironed clothing while wearing it.

That, or you grew up with a dryer that could do perm press.
            Last edited by EvilEmpryss; 08-20-2010, 03:41 AM.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Meh, I wear things as they come out of the basket. Just because I've seen an iron doesn't mean I use it.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                Meh, I wear things as they come out of the basket. Just because I've seen an iron doesn't mean I use it.
                I know what you mean. I have tits but never breast feed.
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  *ahem*
                  It's "No hablo espanol" (with the little tilde over the n making sound like enyeh). "I don't speak Spanish."

You just told a person speaking Spanish "You don't speak Spanish.".
                  I didnt know this, but i think it makes the point that I quite obviously don't speak spanish
                  Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    Makes me wonder which employee was the cause. screwed up to such a degree that this email was considered necessary?
                    Probably the same employee who caused the email which said "Do not try to unscrew the light fittings"

and the one which said "Do not annoy the cashiers about work while they are on thier break, they do not appreciate this"
                    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

I like the one on our store-brand diapers that says something akin to "Like most garments, these diapers are flammable. Be sure to keep children away from source of open flame." I do remember that the exact phrase was open flame.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh darn, there goes my plan of ironing my clothes while I'm wearing them and lighting a torch behind the baby bottom...I mean, come on, that is one nasty smelling diaper.
                        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

That email was not nearly comprehensive enough. I mean what do I do if they are thinking at me in German!
                          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
                            That email was not nearly comprehensive enough. I mean what do I do if they are thinking at me in German!
                            Wait, I'm not allowed to do that? What if I'm thinking nice things, not mean?
                            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
                            X