This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitcom writers take note

The other day I was working in the kitchen/dining area of the grocery store, and a man whose table I had recently cleared came up and said he thought he'd left his keys on his tray. The tray had been covered with greasy, wadded napkins and chicken bones, so I couldn't say for sure whether there were any keys on it before I dumped it into the garbage. No problem, though. I wasn't looking forward to digging in the trash, but it was pretty full and not much time had passed, so the keys couldn't be THAT far down. I went into the dishroom to take a look...into a nearly empty bin.

Well, I wasn't about to go mucking around in the trash compactor, so I summoned someone who gets paid more than I do. I explained the situation and the manager headed to the backroom, all set to go spelunking. A minute later the phone rang, the voice on the other end asking hopefully if the customer had found his keys. Negative. After a moment of silence and some words best left unprinted, the manager filled me in. The dumpster had just been picked up for emptying at the local landfill.

In the end, it turned out that the customer had lost his keys in the parking lot before he even got into the store, and they turned up at the service desk before anyone had to do any dump diving. (The first thing I ask when someone loses something is if they've checked at the service desk, and the customer had, but at that point the keys hadn't been turned in yet.) I can only imagine the fun that would have ensued if they had actually ended up in the dump. But really, what are the odds of all that happening they way it did?

Wow, nothing like a perfectly messed up situation. Good to hear the keys were found without causing additional stress.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
    X