This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there's more than 1 manager

IS it universal pretty much if you have more than 1 manager there is one you always go to?

Where I work I have a boss for my area and then 2 for the whole floor.

I always ask my area boss first or go to her first. The other 2 only if necessary and of the other 2 it would be a cold day in heck before I went to her unless it was a dire emergency.

For example I had a problem with a coworker. Something that needed to be addressed but definitely not worth firing her over. I went to our area boss who took care of it with an informal talking to. Not even a formal verbal warning.

(The problem was she was playing her headphones too loud and it was bothering me and others. She doesn't listen to anyone who isn't a manager. It was so loud that I couldn't hear my own stuff)

I knew if I had gone to the other 2 the one I am okay with would have made it a written warning and the one I don't like would have fired her.

I usually go to my immediate boss, which I did before she was my boss. She's always been there to let me vent.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I go to my supe first if she's there, if she's not there and there are multiples, there's one I avoid like the plague.

I'll level jump and go to his supervisor before I go to him for something.
      Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Working...
      X