This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They say that the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day

This is partially 'bragging base' but theres a couple things to write about. I JUST WANNA GLOAT ABOUT MY JOB, K? K.

thx.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Today I was at work, workin' like i do, and I happen to check my work email. The head librarian emailed me:

Hi Whiskey,
    <Coworker> can't come in on the 19th, could you work 2-8 instead of 2-6? Or is it possible for you to come in earlier? 1:00?"
    I emailed her back and said I can be at work M-Th as early as 12:00 and am available every Saturday. (we're closed Wed, Fri, and Sun) So now, on the 19th, instead of working 2-6 I'm working 12-8! I told her I'd work as many hours as needed and she said Izzy (my direct supervisor) already told her that and thats why she emailed me first about the extra hours!

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MONEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in reference to the thread title.......

I was in Childrens (secretly known as the epicenter of all things tedious, hateful and disorganized), workin', and I saw a little kid(maybe 4-5yrs) carrying one of our baskets. It was chock full of books and hes doing that little waddle kids do when they're carrying something heavy.

Me: You got that?
    Kid: O_O ....................
    Me: You need some help?
    Kid: O_O .......(quietly)yeah.......
    Me: Okay *picks up the basket* where ya heading to?
    Kid: :s over there.... *points*
    Me: lead the way

We walk over and he stands next to his mom while I set the basket down. I turn to leave and...

Ok, guys, sit down if you're not. If you're drinking, put it down. If you have a heart condition, loose bowels, or palpitations, I recommend you stop reading because you might die of shock and/or shit yourself.

...the mom thanked me for helping her kid.

Edit:

I forgot to add this in. I found out I'm getting paid 30 cents more than previously believed. Its not much, but shit, its better than nothing. AND they're taking out half the taxes that regular jobs take since I'm county and don't pay into Social Security (theres a whole other retirement system I pay into, its complicated, but I'm covered)
    Last edited by Whiskey; 10-08-2010, 01:04 AM.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

That's awesome!
    I bet this has made you into a very happy, or at least contented, Whiskey.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Wow, good news?? Not sure if I can take the shock. Congrats to you!!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post

Ok, guys, sit down if you're not. If you're drinking, put it down. If you have a heart condition, loose bowels, or palpitations, I recommend you stop reading because you might die of shock and/or shit yourself.

...the mom thanked me for helping her kid.

/shits pants, dies of shock
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

/shits pants, dies of shock
            In light of your other thread, this is far less shocking than it would normally be
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
            X