Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get racial insults tossed at you that are not your race?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair and eye color arent always a dead giveaway.

My mother has carrot top red hair, pasty skin and freckles, but she's *gasp* half italian! Italian! Everyone thinks Italians are all tan with dark features, not true. The rest of her is German.

I get sick and tired of explaining to stupid people how not all German people are blonde haired and blue eyed. My father's family are pure Germans with Brown hair and Brown/Hazel eyes.............

Another lesson in assuming I guess!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

When I was substituting, I was told by a student that the class wasn't listening to me because they thought I was Chinese. I told her that was to bad because I wasn't. I do have black hair, pale olive skin and slightly almond shaped eyes. I get mistaken for part Asian every now and then. But it is really the Italian side of me.
      I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Beyond having the little kids I babysat back when I was a teen ask me if I was a honky nobody has ever done that to me.

Larry and I had a neat little talk about racist crap like that. He was only 7 so I pointed out nicely that calling me a 'honky' because I'm white was just as mean as as me calling him a 'gut' because he's Indian. Then we went back to playing kickball.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I got called a 'bloody cat-eating Asian' one day. I am exactly 0% Asian.

One man told me 'Merry Christmas!' and I said, 'Well, Happy Hanukkah.' And he thought I gave him the wrong change, so he called me a cheap Jew. Not nice!
          "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
          -FSTDT

Comment

I didn't get any racial slurs (yet...) Because people can't figure out what I am. Heck, some people can't figure out my gender, let alone my race.

Gender= Female. High pitched voice and C cups shoulda tipped you off. If not, peek into my heart print purse filled with Hello Kitty accessories. Pay no attention to the "Luigi is my Homeboy" shirt. I'M female. Deal.

Race= I'm part french (Legally all french, was denied english school cuz of that), part Irish and half-way Native (Part Iroquois, part Huron). Auburn hair that turns reddish in the summer, hazel eyes, and goth-like skin. yeaaaaah you can see the native right away, huh?

I like the taste of alcohol but I'm very lightweight. So I say I have an Irish tongue but a native liver.

My cousin Mike has no Irish in him but got all the Native genes. Dark skin, black hair, dark brown eyes, hook nose... He looks pretty cool.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I had to jump through hoops to get my ex-husband's grammar school records sent over so I could get my son into an English school *groan* I hate the Quebec government with a passion.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Tollbaby, why should your ex's school records have anything to do with your kid entering school? Is the Quebec school system...ass backwards?
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                  Tollbaby, why should your ex's school records have anything to do with your kid entering school? Is the Quebec school system...ass backwards?
                  YES. They wouldn't let me enter english school because both my birthparents were french!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                    YES. They wouldn't let me enter english school because both my birthparents were french!
                    I've known that French Canadians were paranoid about all the english speakers around them. But damn, doesn't that remind you of the way the iron curtain used to work?

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                      My ex-husband was educated in English (went to English grammar school) but I went to French, so in order for our son to be enrolled into an English school, we had to provide his father's school records to PROVE he was half-English. The kicker? My ex-husband's mom is French LOL

Yes, the Quebec government is ridiculously backward. I'm sorry, but it should be my choice whether I want my children educated in French or in English, and my son can't handle the immersion program that the French school board offers. My daughter, however, does go to French school.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

So let me see if I can wrap my brain-like substance around the Quebecian school system. The French schools teach everything in French and English is a foreign language class and English schools are vice versa. Correct? Or not even close?

When is Quebec going to secede from Canada and become its own little country?

I'm a case study.

Comment

From what I learned of the politics when I was over there last time, when the federal hush money stops. I suspect my sources were biased.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                            When is Quebec going to secede from Canada and become its own little country?
                            The rest of the country keeps hoping, but noooooo, they never quite get around to it.

Comment

Quebec school is plain bleeped up, that's what it is.
                              I got bored hardcore with the dumbed down classes all my schooling life and when I got beat up they sent child protection after my mom.
                              In college, teachers were failing me for the fun of it (I saw proof on my video exam).

English class was super dumbed-down compared to the rest to make sure we didn't learn too much english but just enough bigotry to be a good obedient retarded Gaspésian.

Live here a year and you'll see we really are bigoted and retarded.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post

Live here a year and you'll see we really are bigoted and retarded.
                                Does it count if I took a trip up there for a week to Quebec City? I got made fun of because of me speaking France's French and not Canada's French. Good lord, those were some awkward moments.
                                Last edited by ArenaBoy; 03-24-2007, 02:00 AM. Reason: I can't spell
                                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                                X