This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on lunch!

A tattered Stephen King novel in hand, and sweet tasty snacks balanced ontop, I was on my lunch with 20 minutes to spare. Scouring the grocery aisles for something cheap, sweet and won't make my ass expand, I find some chocolate caramel rice cakes and start heading towards the registers to pay for it.

"RB!!!!!"

I turn and look and it's the same associate who came and told me about the customer that the store manager had given a bunch of free stuff to. http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=5423

Why she seems to be the one who's intent on driving me completely insane, I'll never know.

"Umm. Yeah?" I reply.

"Why aren't you at the studio!? There's an angry mob of people looking for you!" she squawks.

You have GOT to be kidding me. I'm on ME time, I don't have time for angry mobs. Is there pitchforks and flaming torches involved?

"I'm on lunch, I have been for the last 40 minutes, and I will be for another 20 minutes. There's a sign saying when I'll be back, AND a large sign saying our studio hours. I'll be back in 20 minutes."

"Well SOMEBODY put the clock saying you'd be back at 5. There's a bunch of people over there wanting passport photos and service."

"Well I'm going to be back at 3." And me standing here arguing with you has eaten up 10 minutes of my lunch, you vapid idiot!

"Oh... Okay... I guess I'll tell them you'll be back at 3." What did she expect!? Me to drop everything and rush back to the studio?!

Only way that's going to happen.

"RB! Your studio is in flames!"

Otherwise, if I have my sign up. I'm not getting paid to argue with you whether or not I'm going to dash over on MY TIME and help customers because despite popular belief. Their time is NOT more important than mine.

The thing I can't wrap my brain around is the fact that the One Hour Photo is right beside our studio. They know our hours. They know we go to lunch every day from 2-3, Sunday to Fridays. The ONLY day we don't go to lunch at that time is Saturdays and we're open all damned day!

If there was an angry mob of people, angry enough to track down customer service and bitch about me not being there! Why didn't the photo lab say ANYTHING!?

Brain hurts...

RB, I feel your pain. All I can offer is a comforting pat or two, and more chocolate caramel rice cakes.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

so if your studio was on fire, youd run straight to the studio? personally, if the building im in is on fire, i find the nearest exit. i guess it dependson the size of the fire though. if its just a little tiny one that can be put out with one glass of water, then i might run over with a glass of water, but otherwise.....im out the door!

Comment

Awwww I eat sitting in the galley, we always keep a flight attendant out in the cabin so the crew on rest don't get disturbed, hate being interupted whilst on break!
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

"Why aren't you at the studio!? There's an angry mob of people looking for you!" she squawks.
          "Yeah, right. Tell them I fart in their general direction."
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

At the garden centre, nothing could get me to move from my seat during lunch break. I only got personally bugged by customers a couple of times, but I got called on my walkie talkie a few times by collegues, and my answer was always the same: "I'll be back in Pets in *insert time left of lunch break here*. I am not getting paid right now, and nothing short of all the animals making a mass jailbreak is going to get me out of this seat right now." They soon learned.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

When I was working at WalMart, I hated that I would get called during my lunch, with them wanting me to do something. I would always tell them, I am not making enough to work on my breaks. I once said that over the PA, when they told me to use it.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It always used to frost my pop tart when I would go on break, tell somebody I was going and ask them to cover carryout calls while I was gone, and then a carryout call would come over the PA and be repeated 4 or 5 times before somebody finally got it. Because then it looks like I'm the one not doing his job.

One time several years ago, I chipped in with 4 other backroom guys to order a pizza for lunch and have it delivered. The pizza arrived and we all went on lunch. Before I left, I asked another employee to listen for carryout calls and he agreed to do it. (Back then we actually had people working in the backroom during the day; quite a few of them in fact).

So we get upstairs and start eating, and a call for a carryout comes over the PA once...twice...thrice...about six times in all. Manager calls the break room and orders one of us down to do the carryout, and I ended up being the unlucky sap who had to do it. Plus the customer was a little ticked they had to wait so long.

After lunch I came down and tore the guy a new one. He basically told me he didn't get the calls because he was doing a different job and didn't feel like answering calls.

So from that point forward, I didn't do any favors for him. Anytime he asked me to get calls for him while he was on break, I told him to ask somebody else.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

everyone wonders why I leave the building on my breaks, or go to the library (which unbeliveably, allows food... if its not messy) for the entire time instead of using out pretty decked out staff room.

its due to YEARS of being called/interrupted on breaks for product knowlege or because there swamped.... I started sitting in my car at the craft store for the same reason.
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Exactly. I go eat in my car and listen to the radio.

Well, I didn't last night because it was too damn cold and I wasn't going to drive anywhere for lunch, so I slipped over to the chinese place instead, and ate my dinner in the back of the pharmacy. (Our breakroom is too nasty for me.)

Comment

for some reason im always getting customers on my break. Ting is if i get customers needing help with beds and appliances i will ditch my break and help them. Also if i help them, or i need to help co-workers i add taht time to my break. The other day I was 'clocked out' for 2 hrs on a 30 min break. made a big long note saying exactly what i did and such for them to get the timecount right.
                      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X