Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Refrain From Peeing in Our Chairs. Thank You.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call for her permanent banning. Yes, there COULD be legitmate reasons for that, but until there's proof of that, she shouldn't be allowed in the store.

I, also, will no longer sit in a chair at a bookstore again. (Not that I go to many, I usually get my books from amazon.com, or if I'm in WI with my family, Half Price Books.)
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Well, once a kid peed on the floor of the supermarket, but his mum was brilliant. She insisted on cleaning it up, and told said kid he definitely wasn't getting any pudding. Maybe threatening Pee Lady with no pudding would do the trick? XD
      You can't have any pudding, if you pee on the floor!

/channeling Pink Floyd
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've only had one incident of this which is why i have a non padded plain plastic 'naughty chair' in the security office for detained people.

In my old job myself and a couple of store detectives detained two people for theft of makeup (massive problem at my old job, its just so easy to do) and a strange smell descended in this tiny office, there were three security officers and two detained people in a room about 1.5m X 2.5M so we figured someone guffed. It was only when the police turned up that we realised that the female we had detained had defacated where she sat. To be honest when i found out she was an illegal immigrant and was due to be deported i didn't feel as angry as when i first did but it was still pretty disgusting.

Oh, Urine is sterile when fresh, its only when it hangs around that bacteria feed off it. (Bacteria cannot pass through the gaps in the bowmans capsule during ultra filtration), but its still not that plesant.

Stay Safe
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Well, the first bit of the stream isn't sterile, but that's because some critters do reside at the very end of the urethra.....

but the rest of it's all clean, if nasty....

Comment

too many questions to quote, so here goes:

we toss the chairs. i dont think we even have upholstery cleaner anyways.

theres obviously some sort of issue with her. she carries depends because we've seen them in her bag. she either doesn't wear them or...fills them to overflowing.

we do have her address and started sending the junkmail back to her in a box. she now cuts out the address instead of blacking it out like she used to.

she has some sort of income. once she bought a children's book with a $100 bill. i don't know what the deal is with her.

and yes: never ever ever ever sit in an upholstered chair at B&N. that's inviting disaster.
            Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

I think I've mentioned before that my first on-the-books (as opposed to babysitting gigs) job was a nurse's aide at a retirement home. I thought that would be my last employment-required contact with human waste. Silly me! Although, surprisingly, I've seen less gross stuff* in my years with the clinical laboratory than I did in all my years of retail and foodservice.

*I'm not counting the gangrenous big toe that they keep in Anatomic Pathology to gross out the kids on Bring Your Kids to Work Day...I watch "CSI" and read Stephen King and generally have a strong stomach, but that made me want to my cookies.
              He loves the world...except for all the people.
              --Men at Work

Comment

Seems to me that this woman is suffering from alzheimers. Of course, that doesn't justify her behavior.
                I think her family should be contacted.

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
                  The B&N I worked at opened in 1998. When those beautiful chairs came in on the pallets - I cut them open from the shrinkwrap and sat in them for my break. When the SM asked why I was so anxious to be the first to sit in them I told him it was b/c I would never ever sit in them again once we opened for business.
                  We did the same thing when we got a couple new chairs. We all took turns sitting before the store opened. Then we never sat in them again.

-ams-
                  Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-21-2007, 01:38 AM. Reason: punctuation
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                  X