Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it with when people get promoted?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with when people get promoted?

Ever since I went into the IT department I've seen some people I worked with get promoted into positions of management. Normally this is good and the people who got promoted are generally pretty good people, good personalities, hard working, fair, etc..

But a few months after they get promoted it all goes to crap. their personality goes, they become judgmental, and do everything they can to get preferred days off (weekends, nights, etc..).

Some can attribute it to stress but I can't see stress doing all this with as many people. Do they think that they won't go any higher so they might as well do the job to their pleasing?

I've seen only one instance where the promoted person did not turn negative (this person actually improved, a lot with the promotion).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Closer contact with management culture can do that to you.

Comment

I must admit, if I could pick and choose when to work...
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I did this when i was promoted....

At one point you realize that the workers are not your friends anymore, and any slacking on their part= you getting bitched at by higher up.

They will complain about favoritism, days off, who is doing what blah blah and it really wears down on you lol.

I went from "Every bodies friend" manager to "Shut up and get to work" manager. And it was all from bitching, and slacking cause i was way too nice, the guys thought they didnt have to work as hard on my shift.

As for the preferred days off, hes management, they usually get the first pick, so why not take them? 99% of people would make the system work for them if they could lol.

Comment

They will complain about favoritism, days off, who is doing what blah blah and it really wears down on you lol.
          I get this now and I'm not a manager. I'm a union steward. And it is wearing on me. If it was busier they would have less time to bitch. At least I have vacation coming up.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm not a manager, but I've *very much* been a "Shut up and get back to work" type to some of my coworkers. Of course, I am also the person that's laid back about stuff too, so it depends on what's going on currently.
            Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

its usually because they get to "rub elbows" with the higher ups. They are no longer common "fodder" and now get to treat us like that. Only one person that got promoted to assistant manager didnt change his personality. As long as you do your work he is cool with you, To him you are still a person and not a "sheep". But he is still fresh from management school and thy have yet to change him.
              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
              X