This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter - we hatesss him.

Mixing my film series there in the title, but what the heck.

There are 4 projectionists at the cinema.

me , W, L and TM. TM is off work with a bad back. L is on holiday.

Which leaves me and W. Harry Potter and the Whatever part 1 is out next week.
    The first showing is at 9.30 am, the last showing is at 22.45. Which means on Friday I will be working from 8.30 am untill 1.30 am. W will be doing the same on Saturday and I will be back in on Sunday to do almost the same again.

I hate the Harry ing Potter films.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

My heartfealt condolences for your long shift. I have to say tho- I'm a Harry Potter nut! *grin*
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I just started reading the Harry Potter series. Better than what I thought it would be.

Comment

ooo and i was wondering when it comes out too. i haven't been paying attention to the movie schedule. i just may go to see it.

or maybe i'll wait for thanksgiving and see it with family... that might be better

Comment

as an avid harry potter fan i give you my deepest thanks cinema guy for making sure us potter fans dont miss out

Comment

TBH I've never read the books or watched the films - so I don't really hate him, I just have no interest in him. And I do appreciate there are those who love him and his wartyhogs (did I not get that right?). I have been know to geek out over a thing or to in my time.

Head office have now decided that 5 out of 8 screens is not enough Potterness, we will be having 6.

I told the GM about the shifts. He wasn't aware quite how stretched we would be. He is asking for help from other cinemas.
            Last edited by cinema guy; 11-13-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

The only reason I know the newest installment of Harry Potter is next weekend is because the Autism Society of Northern Virginia is sponsoring a Sensory Friendly Film showing of the movie on November 20 @ 10 AM. Yay! I'm hoping Child will sit through it or at least let me sit through it. I can't wait to catch me some glimpses of Rupert Grint! I gingers.

Umm ....

I meant I can't wait for the newest film 'cos I've enjoyed all the others.

Yeah, yeah, that's it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                or maybe i'll wait for thanksgiving and see it with family... that might be better
                you do realize that everyone will be there that day thinking "oh hey it's thanksgiving, no one will want to see a movie today"...the place will be packed-and going just proves to management that there is a need to force their minimum wage workers to be there on a holiday-while they are sitting at home with their families....
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I stay out of the theater on holidays. There's one five minutes away from me that, for some reason, attracts a bunch of brainless teenagers from other parts of the city, whose main purpose for going there on a holiday is to start fights with other kids. The cops keep a close eye on it now, but who wants to be in a theater packed like sardines with screaming kids anyway?

The rest of the year it's fine. Go figure.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just checked the local chain cinimea's schedule for Fri Sat and Sun and they to are running Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows P1 on 5 or 6 screens I am going on Sat as I have to work during the midnight showing on Thursday night midnight showing and I have to work all day Friday

gotta be real fun for the projectionists during one of the MOST anticipated films of this year (but wait until next July when part 2 COMES out)
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

The HP always arrive at the last minute because the studio are absolutely paranoid about piracy. Last year I got the the last print made up and plated on with literaly minutes to spare. That will be mitigated this year because our 4 biggest screens are digital. We can only hope we have time to get the films loaded from the hard drives.

To be honest, it is far, far worse working concessions and floor (cleaning screens) than it is in projection where the hardest work is done before it goes on screen.

The suck is the long hours and lack of staff.

Comment

i suppose its always that way when the blockbusters come out.

shame that the powers that be are too stupid to get the staff in when needed tho

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post

I hate the Harry ing Potter films.
                          Sorry about the long shift. Hey, beats sparkly vampire films.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth georgie View Post
                            i suppose its always that way when the blockbusters come out.
                            Yes. Though the Potter films are by far and away the worst I have ever seen. I'm suprised we didn't have a midnight showon thursday, though.

shame that the powers that be are too stupid to get the staff in when needed tho
                            Can't blame them really, it is illness and staff holidays that has done us in.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                            Hey, beats sparkly vampire films.
                            Yep, though they never, ever generated anything near the fervour that Potter creates.

Comment

Woohoo, we have cover from another cinema... for Tuesday.

Still gonna have the weekend from Hell. At lease I will get some extra time off in the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X