This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day late and a dollar short

The swamp's facebook minions are at it again...

They just put on their wall a blurb about decorating your home for fall with decorative chotchkies available at your local clearance swamp.

Except, if my store is any indication, the items pictured and mentioned have gone clearance and almost all, if not all of them, are sold out. Yet the online store shows my store as having these items in stock even though I am certain they're sold out.

In fact, people working at other stores have posted that they don't have the decorative chotchkies anymore.

This might have been a good thing to post a month ago. Now, everybody's thinking about Christmas. I await the feature on how to decorate one's home for the holidays, which should hit, say, December 27th.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Clearance Swamp XMAS STUFF ON CLEARANCE ALREADY???????? YOU have got to be kidding Irv. we just got the small sales catalogue like 5 or 6 days ago

*** Runs to local store for bargins *****
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

So how long until you start getting claims of "false advertising"?
      EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
      ~-~
      Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

My store has Christmas stuff on clearance already, we put the crap out three to four months too early. Corperate doesn't realize that 95% of their customers don't start getting Christmas stuff until around or after Halloween.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I might have to hit these places that have Christmas stuff on clearance already. I'm doing a wedding the cheapo way and Christmas clearance is a great time to pick up ribbon, bows, tablecloths, etc...

Comment

We began Christmas the very day after Halloween ended.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
              We began Christmas the very day after Halloween ended.
              Late bloomer. :P We had Christmas stuff up here since 2 weeks before Halloween. the local red bullseye had a shared Halloween and Christmas seasonal section that went up mid October.
              Coworker: Distro of choice?
              Me: Gentoo.
              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

There are plenty of Xmas decorations on sale here. The stores haven't got around to plastering themselves in the stuff yet, and I haven't heard a single carol yet.

The city's decorations for the main shopping street are up though, and were turned on last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X