This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Time!!!!

I spent my morning counting the incoming mail from yesterday. We'd sent tons of direct mail items out, and now they are FLOWING back in. As can be expected, not all the envelopes received are from happy people wanting roadside assistance. That's part of counting the mail-extracting the junk from people who are "stickin' it to the man' and teaching the company a lesson. Tisk tisk. But I thought I would share some of the more interesting things I found in the envelopes this morning:

A comic book starring Jesus Christ

Not one, but TWO funeral programs (separate envelopes, that's the weird part)

A letter
    (exactly as it was written):

Dear Sirs

I do NOT understand absolutly anything of all those papers you sent me.

Just tell me in TWo sentences:

1) How much Will cost membership for me and my wife for 2 cars: Honda Civic and FoRD WiNDSTAR

2) WHAT is coVERED.

I can not find it in any of your papers and nobody has time to read commercials

(I should mention that this letter was stapled to the sheet of paper that only describes the cost-for the primary and each additional associate, and the description of coverage.)

Not to mention an entertaining variety of things scrawled on the returned application itself. Some of the more memorable include:

"DEAD!!!!!!!!"

"I'M BLIND!!!!!!!!"

"PLEASE DONOT SEND ANYTHINGTO US EVER!!! NO!! NO! NO! NO! NO ONE HERE WANTS THIS!!!" (Even if I has the access to take this person off the mailing list, I wouldn't be able to do it, considering they scribbled over their name and address with such gusto it tore through the cardstock on which it was printed. So in a few months, they will be getting yet another unwanted mailer, whoever they are.)

"GET OFF MY BACK!!!!!!!!"

They have no idea how their lunatic rantings brightened my morning.
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

One time when I was in the call center, I was processing written correspondence that came in with payments. I have no idea what this person was complaining about or why, because all I can remember is that it was written on a 3 x 3 post it note, but the whole thing was written in a spiral, with these teeny tiny letters, covered the whole page. Thankfully when I showed it to my manager, she told me to pretend we never got it. It was impossible to read.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I once had an expired patient's wife return our bill with a copy of the patient's obit and a handwritten note attached that said "He died and didn't leave a forwarding address."
      This job would be great if it wasn't for the fu*kin' customers. ~Clerks

Comment

For some bizzare reason I was expecting them to send something really gross back to you.
        "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth jezebeljen View Post
          I once had an expired patient's wife return our bill with a copy of the patient's obit and a handwritten note attached that said "He died and didn't leave a forwarding address."
          *blink* That took some guts, considering the circumstances...

Rapscallion

Comment

*blink* That took some guts, considering the circumstances...
            Most widows are SC. They think because the patient has expired that the bill should just fade away too.

Comment

Dunno about that. I've met some very nice widows in my time - people who really didn't deserve to be alone. I've also met some nasty specimens.

Takes all sorts, I guess.

Rapscallion

Comment

I am sure most widows in general are very nice. I was only referring to the widows I deal with in my job as a third party medical biller. They tend to be very nasty most of the time. Angry the patient has expired and angry that we are sending a bill and just plain angry in general.

Comment

Fair comment. It's certainly not a job I would enjoy doing.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well to play devils advocate I can understand a lot of the anger when someone you love dies. Believe me I can understand the anger at the universe, the disease, the businesses who seem to not care or give a dang, the world that keeps moving onward without seeming to notice the passing of the one you cared about. So while a few may be truely angry because they are SC there are a few who probably are just at that stage of grieving and not moving past it.

Comment

My grandmother recently got a renewal notice from the DMV for her non-driver state id. She died 5 years ago. My dad wrote "deceased, August 19, 2001" on it and sent it back. She got her new card a couple weeks ago.

This is the second time this has happened.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X