This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife was subpoenaed at work for a murder trial

A couple of years ago my wife the pharmacist came home with a weird story (she can only tell me certain things about her day due to privacy laws):

She had a couple that had a scrip for a controlled drug & they kept asking her if they would get in trouble if something happened to their children while they were under the influence of the meds & would it be someone else's fault if they were told to take the meds.Her answer was "Then you should get someone to care for your children while you're taking them".

So when they left she reported the incident to the cops (you RPhs & techs know this is SOP),so one came to her store & took her statement.

Fast forward 3-4 months,she gets a subpoena to testify for the prosecution in their child abuse/neglect leading to death trial.She comes home & tells me "They did it, they killed their child".

Turned out she didn't have to testify because the scum confessed & now sit in the state pen.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Holy crap. That's horrible.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The world today scares the hell out of me.

“I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.”

Comment

It sounds like they planned to kill the child and just wanted to have some kind of excuse to blame it on. Sick people in this world.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

That is terrible. I bet they were looking for an excuse too. That's so sad.
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            It sounds like they planned to kill the child and just wanted to have some kind of excuse to blame it on. Sick people in this world.
            Ditto.

What the hell.

Comment

the scum confessed & now sit in the state pen.

I can tell you now, after what happens in those places, there is NO CHANCE they will be sitting!

Comment

Quoth bendertiger View Post
                the scum confessed & now sit in the state pen.

I can tell you now, after what happens in those places, there is NO CHANCE they will be sitting!
                Hehehehe...... Yeah,people like that don't do well in prison.
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

There's a sort of hierarchy in prisons, if TV and some friends who've done time are to be believed.

Those that did anything bad to a child are at the very bottom - and when they leave, it'll be in a black bag.

Comment

Aye. That's one of the few things that I'll ever respect about criminal culture. You do anything to a child, murder/rape/molest/whatever... And you're dead meat if the general populace finds out.

Comment

I have some words for that couple: Don't drop the soap. If it goes in dry, just bite your pillow....
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

and i'm glad your wife reported it asap
                        cos, it's depressing to have to say this but, I suspect that report also covered her backside during the court case.

especially since the jerks tried to hint that they would blame it on the pharmacy.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          It sounds like they planned to kill the child and just wanted to have some kind of excuse to blame it on.
                          Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          and i'm glad your wife reported it asap
                          cos, it's depressing to have to say this but, I suspect that report also covered her backside during the court case.

especially since the jerks tried to hint that they would blame it on the pharmacy.
                          That's what it sounded like to me, as well.

The poor kid, born to such utterly evil parents.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You're right. She saved herself by calling the cops. Too bad she couldn't save the kid. I think I hate people.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                              Aye. That's one of the few things that I'll ever respect about criminal culture. You do anything to a child, murder/rape/molest/whatever... And you're dead meat if the general populace finds out.
                              Ayup. Plenty of inmates have kids of their own, that they likely haven't seen since they went inside. They do not take kindly to those who abuse children.

Comment

Working...
                              X