This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It finally happened!

For over a year, I've been waiting for this day. Ever since Victoria's Secret showed up and was explained away as an employee gift.

This month, someone used their business credit card to visit a strip club.

On the plus side, the place has pretty good reviews.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Do you get to report them. Or tell them no?

Or pin a copy on the company notice board?
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      Do you get to report them. Or tell them no?

Or pin a copy on the company notice board?
      Nah, this isn't one of our employees. We do accounting for other companies, and only the owners and officers have cards. So the people we would alert already know. XD

I just get to have a loud long laugh about it.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Ironic enough, they can write that off as employee entertainment too. ROFL no matter how...un-professional it may seem. I can't think of any good reason WHY one would do that...but i'm pretty sure it can.
        I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
          Ironic enough, they can write that off as employee entertainment too. ROFL no matter how...un-professional it may seem. I can't think of any good reason WHY one would do that...but i'm pretty sure it can.
          Hah, not on my watch. That's going to Capital Withdrawal. I'm rather ruthless when it comes to business money spent on personal things.

Besides, that wouldn't fly with the IRS, just in case of an audit.

Comment

Our Office Manager sent her husband (the owner) to do a security camera system sales call/site survey at a garden shop called "The American Bush".

I guess they did cater to the rakes and hoes...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
              Hah, not on my watch. That's going to Capital Withdrawal. I'm rather ruthless when it comes to business money spent on personal things.

Besides, that wouldn't fly with the IRS, just in case of an audit.
              I've been taken to business meetings at a strip club, and had to claim the entertainment expense as a gift on my taxes.

No, it's not very professional, but this was a big tobacco company. Not only were they already lacking in ethics and common sense, but where else in Orlando could they take someone out to dinner that allows smoking?

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                but this was a big tobacco company. Not only were they already lacking in ethics and common sense, but where else in Orlando could they take someone out to dinner that allows smoking?
                So lacking in ethics and the sense to stay away from their own harmful, addictive products?
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Yes, and yes! But, I wonder how much pressure these reps are on from their company to use their own product? I really can't imagine that EVERY rep I ever met was a smoker before they started working there...

Comment

are they trying to play it off as a "business meeting"?
                    and, can you tell if they charged any dances to the card?

Comment

Working...
                    X