X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hairdresser said it's time for a new 'do
    you've had that look for way too long
    so he showed me a perm in a magazine
    and I thought sure, what could go wrong?
    I should have known by the sounds he was making (ho boy)
    something was going awry
    after two hours I put on my glasses
    I could not believe my eyes

What was he thinking?
    I can't believe what I see
    I look in the mirror
    Art Garfunkel's looking back at me
    What was he thinking?
    quick, steal me a hat
    I should look on the bright side
    unlike Art, it will grow back

"What Was I Thinking?" -- Christine Lavin
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That reminds me of the last time I got my hair cut at a particular place. I had really, really long hair--down to my ass, actually. The only reason I was getting it cut was because I had a choral competition coming up and the chorus member who did my hair made noises about how she REALLY wished it was a bit shorter. So I was like...ok, I'll get 4 or so inches off. Since that would have helped--even that bit would have helped lol, and I really just wanted the split ends off.

The stylist was, well, awful. She apparently had carpal tunnel, as she constantly bitched about how hard my hair was to comb through and how it hurt her wrist. If you have carpal tunnel, WHY are you a hair stylist? Why aren't you doing something for it instead of bitching to the customer? She kept telling me how stupid long hair was, and how she could tell I must want it off.

Then she showed me how much she wanted to cut off, and I was like...ok. She SHOWED me 4 inches.

She cut off over 8.

She didn't even comb through the tangles at the ends, she just cut them all off.

I was pissed. I never, ever went back.

And then...the last time I cut my hair was this past summer, and it was at a really nice place in Maryland. I told the stylist about what had happened, cuz she was kind of going wtf happened to your hair...and then also found out that it was shorter on one side than the other, and it was all uneven, too.

NOW it looks gorgeous.

So...yeah. Don't go to Salon 1 again. Or at least...definitely avoid that stupid hairstylist!
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I'd stay loyal to Salon 2. They know what they are doing.

Reminds me of something I saw years ago in the "Reader's digest."

Two salons were next to each other on the street. With big signs in the window.

Salon 1: We do ten dollar haircuts.

Salon 2: We try to repair ten dollar haircuts.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My first haircut ever was when I was 15. It had been down almost to my knees because I had never had more than a little trim. I had to grab the braid and hack it off just below where I wanted it cut because the stylist couldn't believe I was serious about how short I wanted it. [I was working in a machine shop and it was an extreme hazard and I was tired of dealing with the long hair just to work.] I got $700 from a wigmaker for the virgin 3 foot hank of hair. It was a thick as my wrist at the back of my neck.

I had a crappy cut about 8 months ago, and I am dreading another, I am trying to grow it out from being layered. It is now roughly just below bra strap length, with the longest of the short layers just above my shoulders now. I am actually thinking of having my husband just chop it all off just below my shoulders, so I can still pull it back with an elastic and it is almost all the same length.

Then I will let it grow another year, which should then get all the bits at least just below shoulder length.

I hate hair cuts =( If I was still skinny I would just go back to the one inch 2tone spikes I had in the late 70s and early 80s.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Teehee, that reminds me... As a small kid I HATED getting my hair washed at home. Talk about huge drama, my father coming into the bathroom asking "What are you doing?" He must have imagined torture szenes. And my mom replying "Just washing hair, now GTFA!" Me: From that day on my mother avoided to wash my hair when my dad was at home.
            I loved baths, just not getting my hair washed. As soon as I learned to do it myself I was fine.

At a salon I was the most well behaved little customer ever, me? crying while getting my hair washed? never!
            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
            X