This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our full time audit quit

I do 2 afternoon shifts and 2 night audit shifts a week. I've been interested in full time audit for quite some time. Our full time night audit left because there was just too much going on in his life and needed to resign.

I certainly feel bad for the guy. Our hotel will need someone to cover those shifts. How can I discuss it with management that I'm interested in those shifts without appearing to be like a vulture?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

It it a sure thing that he's completely gone? Then I see nothing vulture-like in going right up to the decision maker and asking to become full-time night audit. Just tell them you realize there's an opening now and you'd like to switch to full time nights. You might even point out it'll save them from trying to find someone to cover a difficult shift and then they can train one of the regular employees to work night audit two shifts a week. Easy peasy and you already have the experience.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yes, it's certain he had to resign. I got a call from my supervisor. She doesn't make the final decisions. Our GM does. When she called me to cover some shifts, I told her about my interest in doing full time audit. She was on the other line with GM so hopefully she had a chance to ask him about it. I'll follow up with her when she comes in Sunday morning to relive me.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Update: I talked to my supervisor this morning when she came in to relieve me. She and GM actually wanted to move me to full time night audit anyways. This will put me at 5 days a week. Even if a pay raise isn't included in the deal, that's already a significant increase to my paychecks.

Comment

This calls for a fancy hot drink (hey, it's winter here and I'm freezing). How do you like your coffee spiked? I have Bailey's, and I think there's some Crown Royal in the kitchen. Ooh, there's also hazelnut International Delight, if you're not a drinker.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I recommend glögi. Would you like white or red, alcoholic or non?

Comment

Hot damn! Good goin' for more cash!
              I would have said, "Jump that shit!" Business is business, and the sooner management can cover their butts, the better. Of course, I wouldn't have mentioned it to anyone else, and would have couched it in, "Oh man, X is leaving? He was good at it... can I be good at it too? "
              But I'm also a chick and can get away with cutesy on occasions. Maybe not so much now that I'm getting to Christmas Cake age...
              EDIT: bringing it up while discussing shifts was perfect.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Thanks for all the congratulations. I'll take the non alcohol beverages. You guys can take the liquor home.

With such short notice, this has been an easy transistion for the hotel. Supervisor told me this morning that when the night audit guy quit, she was worried she'd have to fill in those shifts. She does not like the shifts.

Of course, she didn't have to. She hates those shifts, I love the shifts. I presented a situation that was win/win.

Comment

Working...
                X