Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-mindedness leads to some interesting characters.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-mindedness leads to some interesting characters.

This isn't going into Sucky Customers because overall, the guy I want to talk about was nothing but courteous and friendly. It just struck me as kinda odd in a way.

Saturday, we had one patron who was... well, I can't think of any other way to describe him but 'camp gay'. Talked with the stereotypical lisp and an equal amount of hand and arm movements as actual speech, but the guy was nice as hell to everyone. At one point during his stay at the bar, he walked over to my door (I was taking T's place because she hasn't been feeling well lately) and asked me what kind of music was playing upstairs. I told him that it was a death-metal night again, describing what the bands that were playing sounded like, and he told me that he had to go change to make sure he fit in. Eventually he comes back, and yep, he'd changed his outfit for the show. He paid, headed upstairs and that was the end of it.

Like I said, I don't have any complaints whatsoever about this guy; he was the ultimate example of courtesy and politeness the whole time he was in the bar. It's just the first time anyone's ever shown up at the bar, gone home to change, and come back just to fit in with a crowd that's relatively amorphous that amuses me a little.
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Ok. Now I am curious. How was he dressed and what did he feel was appropriate for death-metal?
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with what he did.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Weird, but absolutely not sucky.
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

Well, I actually used to be a metalhead, and if I were in a metal show and dressed in anything but metal drag, I'd want to change, too. If you're part of the scene, you want to be part of the scene. You feel naked otherwise.

I miss my ripped jeans and black leather.

Comment

I miss your ripped jeans too...

Rapscallion

Comment

heh. reminds me of the first time i went to a specific goth bar in hawaii, wearing a white dress. Oh boy I stood out. There was only *one* other person wearing white.

After that when I went back (once or twice more) i wore black.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                heh. reminds me of the first time i went to a specific goth bar in hawaii, wearing a white dress. Oh boy I stood out. There was only *one* other person wearing white.

After that when I went back (once or twice more) i wore black.
                With the right dress and the right accessories, that could possibly have worked in your favor...

The photographic proof!
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                  Ok. Now I am curious. How was he dressed and what did he feel was appropriate for death-metal?
                  if you want to pickup metal fans (guy or girl) it pays to be dressed the same

Comment

Working...
                  X